VIC Geelong 3hr night race @ the Youies

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
If wifey no worky, I may be interested in a roll too.
I might see if Kaylee is keen to come along too. Is Quinn a chance of wanting to have a play or is it all gravity with her now?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

moorey

call me Mia
I might see if Kaylee is keen to come along too. Is Quinn a chance of wanting to have a play or is it all gravity with her now?

Good Q, she's at school, but I can check. I think she'd only be interested in doing it on an Eeeeeeee TBH, which isn't in the spirit of things.

cammas

Seamstress
Okay, that's a maybe for me

I take it that's on the Kurrajong side?

Yep on the Kurrajong side starts at the old duck pond school house at the front gate.

Below is a link to when I did it a few years ago on the SS may not be the exact same course but will be something similar, from memory I think that earned me a 5th place in C grade.

https://strava.app.link/NWnlNCaYinb

Last edited:

cammas

Seamstress
Is this simply a pay and turn up, or do you need an aus cycling licence?
As @moorey said you would need a license, if don’t want to pay for one and you don’t see yourself doing many races you could do the 4 week free trial which is always a good way to do it. You could do a a couple No Frill Fridays as well which alternates between each side of the park, here’s a link to for what you need to do for the free trial.

https://www.auscycling.org.au/membership/other/free-trial

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Cheers guys, just couldn't find any easy info on the entry site. Wasn't sure if it was like some other events that you don't need it (Hux @ Bux).
Happy to pay, just haven't bothered with a membership licence over this period.

Seems like a bloody fast race @cammas, I assume you would generally be caught up in groups for the ride.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Worth having, mate. Gives you SOME income insurance if you’re injured out on the bike.
FIFY

But some is better than none.

Seems like a bloody fast race @cammas, I assume you would generally be caught up in groups for the ride.
That looks about the same as our 3hr. I spent the vast majority by myself, picking off those who went too hard at the start and finished up about 8th I think.

cammas

Seamstress
Cheers guys, just couldn't find any easy info on the entry site. Wasn't sure if it was like some other events that you don't need it (Hux @ Bux).
Happy to pay, just haven't bothered with a membership licence over this period.

Cheers it definitely was, I was pretty fit I think ran 34/16 so pretty flat and was sprint finish with some dude with gears, yeah he was pissed I beat him, see the old girl below still pissed at myself that I sold her:rolleyes:

I think it depends on people around you and if their level of fitness is similar to yours, I did ride with a group for most of the race but still remember I had problems with a light and had to fix it and as much as I tried I couldn’t catch them. After that I was on my own for most of the time until I caught the bloke on slight incline of the fire road and had to put the hammer down for the last kilometre.

I did it the following year on the Anthem and was 15 minutes slower with gears. It has such a good vibe for a race music going at different points along the course etc and as they say you not racing for sheep stations it’s for fun.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
I'm in, good warm up two weeks out from the Odyssey. Though that'll be a bit hillier than laps of Kurrajong o_O Not a clue on grading though. B I suppose.