From the Blue Skye to the Deep Green Sea - Transition Spur

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
How's the Spur going? Do you still have it? Any updates?

I'm looking at getting one early next year maybe. Hopefully by then they might be available!
Going great ! It will be getting a tyre change in the next week or so as it needs to morph to XC mode for the upcoming Melrose 18hr.

The Syerra tyres on there are pretty good but I can save a few hundred grams of rotating weight going to Barzo's.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Glad this thread I got a bump, I love these little mini trannies.
Such an awesome bike you have, I can’t believe it hasn’t been broken by tweedle dee or tweedle dumb yet!
When will you cave and let them send it?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Glad this thread I got a bump, I love these little mini trannies.
Such an awesome bike you have, I can’t believe it hasn’t been broken by tweedle dee or tweedle dumb yet!
When will you cave and let them send it?
That's because they haven't got their hands on it yet.

Reckon they both have had about a 2 minute spin on it.

smiffy

Likes Bikes
I noticed the price jump on the Spurs. Yikes!
Frame only $6199.
Deore - $8999
GX - $11990

Flow-Rider

Burner
I noticed the price jump on the Spurs. Yikes!
Frame only $6199.
Deore - $8999
GX - $11990
Forking hell, are they trying to keep the price up of secondhand bikes?

xero

Supersports
I suspect this has more to do with the Aussie dollar tanking against its US equivalent than anything else. Down 15% over the last 6 months
Unfortunately you are 100% correct.. ( we are always happy to be transparent re pricing ).. During covid we saw more then 3 factory price increases from the various venders and raw materials costs, along with freight rates skyrocketing.. We actually held pricing all the way through absorbing increases, waiting / wishing we would see some stabilisation.
End of September with the dollar dropping to almost a 20 year low, there was nothing more to be done.
To put perspective on the matter .. pricing increased globally. A Spur frame MSRP in the USA is now $3499 plus taxes. So.. a realistic conversion ( not live rates on XE , but the actual rates people can purchase USD on ) to AUD sits that frame at $6300 AUD .. inc our GST with no added freight calculated..