Sold NOT FOR SALE: Fox dhx air shock 216x63

Lucaw

Next in line
Item: Fox dhx air
Item Condition: Good, has a small scratch on the stantion, and has just gotten a air can service
Reason for selling: Broken frame, willl be selling the rest of the parts soon
Price and price conditions: $200 negotiable
Extra Info:
Fox dhx rear shock

Air model

Has piggyback bottom out control, and propeadal switch

216x63 length

Pictures: Always

Attachments

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
I didn’t think these came in that size. Are you sure it hasn’t just been tweaked to shorten it....or isn’t extending fully.
210/60 doesn’t seem right for a shock of that era. What’s it off?

Lucaw

Next in line
Sorry, it seems to be a 220x62.
Would that still have worn a hole in the frame and will it stop rubbing if I put a 216x63 on?
It’s off the craftworks frx

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
220x62 also not a size, but I’d say from that that it’s 8.75x2.5 (216x63 is actually 8.5x2.5)

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
220x62 also not a size, but I’d say from that that it’s 8.75x2.5 (216x63 is actually 8.5x2.5)
Which doesn't make a lot of sense, because it means you're looking for a shorter E2E shock of the same stroke and hoping to alleviate the issue of tyre rub... A shorter shock will make it worse. Sorry if I missed it originally @Lucaw but have you put a wheel in and cycled the suspension (with no air in the shock) to confirm that's actually what's causing it? Could have been that the previous owner was running a 27.5" wheel in the 26" frame?

moorey

call me Mia
Hard agree. If it’s the size you say it is, there’s something non custom going on @Lucaw. Does it have a serial number? I have same shock in 190, 200 and 216. None of mine do, but I’m old and blind.

Lucaw

Next in line
Which doesn't make a lot of sense, because it means you're looking for a shorter E2E shock of the same stroke and hoping to alleviate the issue of tyre rub... A shorter shock will make it worse. Sorry if I missed it originally @Lucaw but have you put a wheel in and cycled the suspension (with no air in the shock) to confirm that's actually what's causing it? Could have been that the previous owner was running a 27.5" wheel in the 26" frame?
it rubs with a bald ardent, and the craftworks people said i need a 216x63

Lucaw

Next in line
I have taken more time to measure it again and it seems to actually be a 216x63
I will update the thread title