shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Item: Short stack 35mm or less, 35mm length for 35mm clamp. Pefer black
Condition: Good
Price: Less than new.
Pics: Please.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
there is a DMR defy 35+ on ebay at the moment
search DMR 2nd hand stuff...$40 off retail price (I know this, because I paid RRP 2 weeks ago!)

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
I’d second a dmr defy. I have 2 and as low a stack height as you’ll find these days. These are good value and 35mm stack. I fitted one today but haven’t ridden it yet. I’m guessing it will hold my bars and turn my forks like other stems.
https://www.bikebug.com/funn-crossfire-35-stem-.html
the newer Defy has a 27mm stack height and the rear pinch bolts (much betterer!) the older Defy had this stupid wedge arrangement that was in front of the steerer and was prone to slipping, the stack height on those I thought was 31mm..I had one of these, and could never get it to tighten up good and proper, even snapped the pissy little bolts that they use..changed just recently to the newer version with the lower stack height and now has the rear pinch bolts, much goodness over the first version

Last edited:

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
the newer Defy has a 27mm stack height and the rear pinch bolts (much betterer!) the older Defy had this stupid wedge arrangement that was in front of the steerer and was prone to slipping, the stack height on those I thought was 31mm..I had one of these, and could never get it ti tighten up good and proper, even snapped the pissy little bolts that they use..changed just recently to the newer version with the lower stack height and now has the rear pinch bolts, much goodness over the first version
I ended up buying one of the 35+ ones off Pushys just for the 27mm stack height in the end

Scotty675

Cable thief
the newer Defy has a 27mm stack height and the rear pinch bolts (much betterer!) the older Defy had this stupid wedge arrangement that was in front of the steerer and was prone to slipping, the stack height on those I thought was 31mm..I had one of these, and could never get it ti tighten up good and proper, even snapped the pissy little bolts that they use..changed just recently to the newer version with the lower stack height and now has the rear pinch bolts, much goodness over the first version
I’m the same, have one of each. The v1 is a funny set up but once installed it’s been fine for me. The v2 are lower stack and better set up.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Such a tease, did you say you wanted some shiny cura 4s
I’m good for shiny stuff currently! Think in fact I might have gone slightly overboard with the shiny stuff but I’ll let the RB peanut gallery decide when I get the new frame built up.

Status
Not open for further replies.