VIC FOUND

Shredden

Knows his goats
Item: As in the title, I'm looking for a Shimano branded chainring to suit an XT M8120 crankset. Hoping to find something that's been lightly used and then switched out for bigger/smaller/oval shaped.
Price range/Willing to Pay: Bit less than brand new - SLX are $55 on Wiggle for example.
Extra Info: Nope.

Shredden

Knows his goats
Mm, I have a 30t XT if that would work?
I'll keep that in mind - I'm running a 34t front on the current crankset so a little hesitant to go down 4 teeth at once. I'll keep looking for the 32 and get back to you if I don't have any luck.

kbekus

Likes Dirt
no help whatsoever but it's quite upsetting how much the price jumps from SLX to XT... anyone know the difference? Will an SLX ring fit on an XT crank?

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
There's a dude selling a 34T on the Brisbane FB Market site if you're interested?
Given that's what he's running already, probably not ;)

Just remembered I have an M9100 XTR 32t round in very good condition also, would probably want a reasonable price for it though - say $80? Might be a bit much, let me know if interested though.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Given that's what he's running already, probably not ;)

Just remembered I have an M9100 XTR 32t round in very good condition also, would probably want a reasonable price for it though - say $80? Might be a bit much, let me know if interested though.
Beggars can't be choosers..... I just assumed he'd changed cranksets. Your price is ok by the way. The FB dude wants $70 for his 34

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
That you’re offering what he’s trying to replace :oops:
yeeeeeaaaaaaaahhhhhh, but in his original post he just asks for a chainring to go with an 8120 crank. So he COULD have fitted a new crankset. It's not out of the realms of possibility that if he couldn't find anything else that he MIGHT take a 34 again.... This is all hypothetical of course. I was just trying to help!! Fuck it, I'm packing up my toys and deleting my post now..... :rolleyes:
Just sayin.
The XTR is still a good buy though.

Shredden

Knows his goats
Ok, to clear up the confusion I'll summarise the situation I have at hand:

• My bike came with full NX/GX eagle drivetrain.
  • I've since installed a M8100 XT derailleur and shifter, which works with everything else Sram but I wanted to switch it all over to Shimano. I figured I'd do it at the same time as new wheels (because this required a new cassette driver too). New wheels are nearly ready, so I've bought an M7100 SLX cassette and chain. I had assumed I could continue to run the current NX cranks with 34t eagle ring.
  • Now I'm seeing lots people online saying my Shimano 12sp chain won't work with the Eagle ring, that it will have chain suck etc.
This leaves me with the options of:
  • Run it all with my NX crankset and eagle ring (run the risk of fucking my new chain, cassette, and having rides ruined by chain suck?).
  • Buying the wolf tooth ring that fits Sram cranks and the Shimano chain (for $130 :rolleyes:).
  • Buying a new XT crankset (for about $230, plus $30 for BB and ~$50 for ring).
At this stage, leaning toward the third option. But just trying to work out the most cost-effective way of getting that done :(

And finally - reason for wanting a 32t is that my new cassette has the 45t big ring rather than the 50t on eagle, so want to go a little smaller on the front to compensate.

moorey

call me Mia
Pussy. Felix runs 34t front with 11sp.

And yes, the Shimano 12x chain ring apparently doesn’t play well with other....he hence us using a Bergtec DM ring on m8100 cranks.