QLD FOUND WTB 165/170mm XT Crank set which take tripple ring 9 speed to suit 73mm BB

woolybeast

Likes Dirt
Item: 165/170mm XT Cranks which take tripple rings
Price range/Willing to Pay: you tell me what its worth. $50?
Extra Info: to suit a small frame 9 speed bike with a 73mm BB, which is currently running 175mm cranks. Can pick up if around Brisbane during the work day. Prefer Shimano as all the running gear is mainly XT/XTR.

Last edited:

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Good luck with your hunt. 9 and 10 speed chainrings are largely interchangeable. The going market rate for a good set of m770s is ~$100, and I have seen good m760s for $70. Any less than that and they are going to be really rough or missing the chainrings.

Also, keep an eye on the buy, sell swap pages on facebook. I've score 2x m770s in 175mm in the last month.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

woolybeast

Likes Dirt
thanks Oddjob for the info. The $50 wasn't the price i was asking for it was just a figure plucked from mid air. I happy to pay what it's worth, but it's just for a bike which has all my leftover parts on it and 175 are just too long for a small frame.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the spacing between the chainrings different between the 9 and 10 speed cranks?

The chainrings I have already on the bike so cranks alone are fine.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Spacing is a tiny bit different but shouldn't stop you from being able to use 10 speed chainrings. A lot of aftermarket chainrings are actually marked 9/10 speed. To confuse things further, I use 11 speed road cranks with 10 speed chain.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk