NSW FOUND: 'Kids Ride Shotgun' Handlebars

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
Item: 'Kids Ride Shotgun' Handlebars
Price range/Willing to Pay: Less than new
Extra Info: Alternatively after Velo Orange Klunker Bars for the same purpose.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Hey @Elbo, not sure if it will help with your endeavour, but we just grabbed some cheap silicone slip on grips, cut them lengthways and cable tied them onto our handlebars for the kiddo to hold on to.
See heavily cropped photo of Mr Canary with the youngest canary:

Elbo

Hey @Elbo, not sure if it will help with your endeavour, but we just grabbed some cheap silicone slip on grips, cut them lengthways and cable tied them onto our handlebars for the kiddo to hold on to.
See heavily cropped photo of Mr Canary with the youngest canary:
View attachment 391367
Hey @Labcanary , thanks for the reply. Sorry for the late reply, got a 5 day old in the house! I think your grip method will be the way I go if I can’t find the Velo orange bars in stock. I put those Klunker bars on my wife’s bike and they are the comfiest bars ever! They also have a smaller diameter bar running across the top which would be perfect for kids to hold onto with a bit of bar tape wrapped around it. I feel bad taking the 1.6 year old for a ride when it’s so cold and he’s holding onto the metal bars.

Labcanary

Hey @Labcanary , thanks for the reply. Sorry for the late reply, got a 5 day old in the house! I think your grip method will be the way I go if I can’t find the Velo orange bars in stock. I put those Klunker bars on my wife’s bike and they are the comfiest bars ever! They also have a smaller diameter bar running across the top which would be perfect for kids to hold onto with a bit of bar tape wrapped around it. I feel bad taking the 1.6 year old for a ride when it’s so cold and he’s holding onto the metal bars.
Exciting times ahead for you! Enjoy those newborn cuddles, because in another 2 years they will argue about everything!

Cold bars and shivering, eh? May I present to you handmade "pogies" for the young one?

I still have lots of neoprene and press studs, so I could send you some if you need? I reckon I've got some silicone grips that are already cut that I could send you too.

Elbo

Exciting times ahead for you! Enjoy those newborn cuddles, because in another 2 years they will argue about everything!

Cold bars and shivering, eh? May I present to you handmade "pogies" for the young one?

I still have lots of neoprene and press studs, so I could send you some if you need? I reckon I've got some silicone grips that are already cut that I could send you too.
Thanks @Labcanary. They look great. If you have some material and press-studs left over I won't say no, but let me give you something for them! Just let me know in PM how much and I'll transfer to you. I've found a set of Klunker Bars now (back in stock at Commuter Cycles) so I'm just going wrap bar tape across them and the littly can hold on there.

Labcanary

Thanks @Labcanary. They look great. If you have some material and press-studs left over I won't say no, but let me give you something for them! Just let me know in PM how much and I'll transfer to you. I've found a set of Klunker Bars now (back in stock at Commuter Cycles) so I'm just going wrap bar tape across them and the littly can hold on there.
Shall do mate. Let me see what I can do over the weekend.

Yeah, I just got some Surly Moloko bars for my child carrying bike and wrapped it with leftover bar tape for my toddler. Did a test ride this arvo and we both love the new setup.