Found CAM unit for RD-M786 10sp XT clutch derailleur

PJO

in me vL comy
Item: Shimano part Y5Y198020/Y5Y198120, the little cam unit has finally given up
Price range/Willing to Pay: ???
Extra Info: The unit inside my sons derailleur has split right where the screw is located.
Cost all of €2.10 on bike-components.de but they won't sell it to me, bastards.
If anyone has a moderately fooked but otherwise ok M786, M820, M675, M7000-10, M640, M615, M6000-SGS they may have one inside that would work, apparently all of these are compatible.
Looks like this:

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
My lbs was able to get them pre covid for around $10-15. Have you asked? Might have a spare here, but I’d need to know I can get another before letting it go.

Reactions: PJO

PJO

in me vL comy
Haven't had time to get to the LBS, only happened while we were away at Derby over the weekend. Thanks for the tip will get there this arvo and see if they have anything...

PJO

in me vL comy
First couple of shops had nothing. Still have a couple more to try, don't like my chances...

goobags

Likes Dirt
Can I grab one of these? I’ve tried fixing mine 3 times now, somehow the screw keeps working loose resulting in the clutch being useless

Either that or tell me how to fix it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moorey

call me Mia
Can I grab one of these? I’ve tried fixing mine 3 times now, somehow the screw keeps working loose resulting in the clutch being useless

Either that or tell me how to fix it

Haven’t had the issue, but I’d wrap a bit of Teflon tape around it. Don’t know how it’s working lose unless you’re running it sometimes with clutch off and the lack of pressure is letting it rattle around.
Try the tape.

goobags

Likes Dirt
Haven’t had the issue, but I’d wrap a bit of Teflon tape around it. Don’t know how it’s working lose unless you’re running it sometimes with clutch off and the lack of pressure is letting it rattle around.
Try the tape.
Clutch is on, then it rattles loose and the lever just flips around.

I’ll have another crack, anyone mind taking another photo from another angle showing the screw and black plastic bit?

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Clutch is on, then it rattles loose and the lever just flips around.

I’ll have another crack, anyone mind taking another photo from another angle showing the screw and black plastic bit?

Something like this @goobags?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Unfortunately I don't have anymore spare bent derailleurs to pilfer from.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk