TAS FOUND: Any medium or large single pivot complete bikes, half complete bike or frame only

Lucaw

Next in line
Not going to work, as I need to install a dropper. The bike needs to have a 30.0 mm seat tube inner diameter at least.

safreek

Not going to work, as I need to install a dropper. The bike needs to have a 30.0 mm seat tube inner diameter at least.
Yes, it does not make it easy, that's the problem with quality bikes like this. There are droppers out there but generally not long travel ones

Lucaw

Next in line
I kind of want that. That would take quite a large chunk out of my $2000 budget for a single pivot with between 140 and 160mm of rear wheel travel. I would take it if I could negotiate it lower, v10 style. For that bike they he had it advertised for $700 and I got it for $300 and rode it home. The problem is with dh bikes is that I buy them, ride it around for a few months then need money for a different bike and so I sell it. This wouldn’t be fair on the burners who picked it up and delivered it to me so at this stage no, that’s too much bike. I might get one after I get the single pivot am/tr bike but not before hand.

safreek

The problem is with dh bikes is that I buy them, ride it around for a few months then need money for a different bike and so I sell it.
Are you sure you are not my boy. That used to be me. Now I'm lucky enough to keep them.

Lucaw

Next in line
It is a nice bike but it has a straight steerer. I know a guy who has a straight steerer heckler that he might sell, so I might just buy that in the meantime while I look for one with 140-160mm of travel and a tapers steerer tube. As long as the ad is up I am still looking.

safreek

I'm starting to think you're not actually safreek's son. he'd have said "sweet, i'll slap some monster Ts on it!" :p
What has become of the youth of today. Sorry son but I have to disown you, even an old set if drop offs will suit that ride.
General consensus is that you can double the amount of travel on the front as the rear.
This means you could whack a fox fotay on it with a fair bit of safety