FOUND 27.5 Non-boost 150-160mm Fork

Andobrahh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Item: 27.5 Non-boost 150-160mm Fork, tapered steerer
Price: thinking $200-$400 depending on what it is.
Reason: Because I don't have one
Location: I'm up in Cairns but happy to pay post if its within the price range
Extra Info: Got a steal on an older Trance SX due to it not having a set of forks...so now i need forks. Its nothing flash and I'm just building it up for the Mrs to get back into riding some blues etc so doesn't need to be a Factory 36. Research tells me it used to have an adjustable 140-160mm Talas 34 so chasing anything in that range, older fox or slightly newer rockshox etc, you get the idea.
Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Andobrahh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
After some more measurements I am now crying, it is the dreaded OD2. (Ive clearly never owned a giant before) Looks like Ill be in for a new headset also. Thanks @Litenbror for pointing that out, things could have got REAL messy

@moorey why wouldn't 160mm be enough? Sounds like plenty according to my calculations

Last edited:

ausdb

Being who he is
After some more measurements I am now crying, it is the dreaded OD2. (Ive clearly never owned a giant before) Looks like Ill be in for a new headset also. Thanks @Litenbror for pointing that out, things could have got REAL messy
Get a works components angle set to modernise it a bit, if you need a new headset. @Isaakk did this to the old XTC I bought from him as it was originally OD2

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Happy to help.

I can swap steerers in forks (rock shox and fox, others are a maybe), but think I’m out of donors fox and RS steerers, I’ve yet to place an order with ND tuned for steerers and stanchions. Find a trashed CSU with scratched stanchions from another burner that matches and I can easily swap the steerer for you.

moorey

call me Mia

@moorey why wouldn't 160mm be enough? Sounds like plenty according to my calculations
Sorry, thought 140 was your Headtube with headset height.
Just a top headset change needed. @The Duckmeister can elaborate.

Andobrahh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The OG rotorburn does it again, sounds like I have a few options now.

@moorey sorry that was 145 headtube and stem, headtube alone is just over 100mm with current headset, do you have something available?

moorey

call me Mia
The OG rotorburn does it again, sounds like I have a few options now.

@moorey sorry that was 145 headtube and stem, headtube alone is just over 100mm with current headset, do you have something available?
I do. Was about to list them on the dreaded FB, and await 600 stupid messages for every actual intelligent human.
Bought these off Gus with Felix’s Rotec frame. Never used them. Too much travel for a DJ.
I believe you can convert to 20mm or boost with axle trickery.
About 157mm steerer I think.
Just above your top end of the budget (burner price). Let me know if at all interested.
https://www.rotorburn.com/forums/index.php?threads/sold.317830/

https://www.rotorburn.com/forums/index.php?threads/sold.317898/

Last edited:

Andobrahh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I do. Was about to list them on the dreaded FB, and await 600 stupid messages for every actual intelligent human.
Bought these off Gus with Felix’s Rotec frame. Never used them. Too much travel for a DJ.
I believe you can convert to 20mm or boost with axle trickery.
About 157mm steerer I think.
Just above your top end of the budget (burner price). Let me know if at all interested.
https://www.rotorburn.com/forums/index.php?threads/sold.317830/

https://www.rotorburn.com/forums/index.php?threads/sold.317898/

View attachment 382841View attachment 382842
Will send you a PM. That reminds me, something else I neglected to put in the title, ideally chasing something with a 15mm axle

Mattyp

Cows go boing

Its just the top cup/bearing that is different I think I have one laying around from when I put some standard taper steerer forks on my trance.

Andobrahh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Its just the top cup/bearing that is different I think I have one laying around from when I put some standard taper steerer forks on my trance.
You have the top cup ill need or the old one?

Last edited:

Mattyp

Cows go boing
I have what you need. To be honest any giant dealer should have this on the shelf. From memory I paid $30odd for the whole headset. You definitely need the top cup as for some stupid reason the bearing OD is about 0.5mm smaller than the bearing in the OD2 headset. Bottom bearing/cup are identical.
If you can't get one locally I can chuck this in the post.

Andobrahh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have what you need. To be honest any giant dealer should have this on the shelf. From memory I paid $30odd for the whole headset. You definitely need the top cup as for some stupid reason the bearing OD is about 0.5mm smaller than the bearing in the OD2 headset. Bottom bearing/cup are identical.
If you can't get one locally I can chuck this in the post.View attachment 382850
Thanks a heap mate thats awesome. I'll see what fork I end up with and go from there. Cheers