Forum newbie after Buller advice

Petrolhed

Cannon Fodder
Hi All,

After getting more serious with riding the last couple of years I decided to take the plunge and sign up to RB... big leap I know.

Looking to head to Mt Buller for the first time this weekend and after advice if possible. There are 3 of us going up but only two bikes - I assumed that there would be easy access to hirage but it doesn't look like the case for another few weeks.

Any advice as to tracks which can be easily self shuttled? Two riders are intermediate level, with the third an experienced rider but needing confidence before taking blues. Misty twist looks like a good XC trail, and perhaps Clancys run for flow? Any suggestions or tips would be appreciated,

Cheers

Edit: Actually, perhaps a smaller loop ie: Gang Gangs, Split Rock, Family trail, Soul Revival and One Tree Hill might be a better mix of skills and easier to access?

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
It’s a 10 minute self shuttle for aBom, international, copperhead, outlaw etc, if you know the pick up point....and the tracks are open.
Delatite run from the village down to Mirimbah is awesome, But best part of an hour loop shuttling. Better with more riders. Not sure what’s open up there as far as hiring bikes. Best check ahead.

Also, welcome.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Misty twisty is fun in parts but hard work. Lots of tight switchbacks. No need to shuttles those XC tracks and you will want all three riding at once. Might ne able to hire a bike in Mansfield??

Otherwise, see if Copperhead and Abom are open as they are great runs for intermediate And you can take it in turns with one person driving down to meet the other two after a run.

Edit: Delatite is a really fun trail but is long and you need to take it easy at the top if you are not confident

moorey

call me Mia
Thanks Moorey, I'll check them out. The river run looks fantastic but a bit long - bugger.
If you know where to head from from there top, into Tip Corner from memory, it’s almost all down hill 15+km.
The runs from the summit are great though, and really quick returns.

Petrolhed

Cannon Fodder
Cheers guys. I had a look at Copperhead on youtube, definitely looks doable for all riders. Will look to shuttle these tracks and perhaps a little exploring after that....