Formula One world championship

richie_gt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Heading to Melbourne for the GP and have been blown away by the unavailability of tickets - thanks alot drive to survive!!!

I have secured GA tickets to Friday and was hoping to get to Saturday as well but no dice - this is a long shot but does anyone have any GA tickets they want to offload for Saturday?

I could not handle the crowd for the race so I'll watch it at home. Have been a couple of times for the race and didn't enjoy so much as it was so hard to get a good vantage point in GA. One day I'll splurge on a seat!

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Does look good. Like that they've stuck to their guns with the "zero pod" in comparison to a few of the other releases that have had some um, lets say design influence from the RB18.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Does look good. Like that they've stuck to their guns with the "zero pod" in comparison to a few of the other releases that have had some um, lets say design influence from the RB18.
Yeah loved the debut of the 2022 podless design and everyone lost their minds. Wonder who Aston Martin has copied this year....

Williams and Alpha Tauri look really good too.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Interesting qualifying. Field very close, going to be a few who miss out through the year with bad first runs or getting caught on track at the wrong time. Faster times than last year too which is nice, no one will know what time they need to set to be safe. Regs have done their job it seems. Bulls have an early advantage and McLaren are where they were expected to be. Fred is going to be a force if they can carry race pace. Going to be an interesting season from 2nd on I suspect. Hope upgrades come quickly for a few teams. Oh and I forgot track limits, finally being enforced with some sense.

Last edited:

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
LTIL: lance stroll tried and FAILED to take out Fernando Alonso on Lap 1 of the Bahrain F1 GP 2023.
It's an F1 Miracle!!! :D

it's also a frikken miracle that lance stroll seems to be able to breathe unassisted, as he seems to have no idea what his rear view mirrors are for.
Everything RocketpoweredMohawk has to say about stroll seems bang on, so to speak.

It also continues to blow my mind at what a useless turd stroll is, eg what the fuck was he doing crawling out of the pit land and dribbling along in the braking zone of turn one during FP2 or quali or whatever. Piastri had to take major evasive action to avoid a crash.
At the speed stroll was going, he could have got out and pushed his car to the outside of turn one to let Tsunoda and Piastri through, IMO.

Last edited:

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
All of the above though when Fred's engineer said sorry about the lap one contact with Lance he was avoiding the merc Fred said oh I thought it was George. Race was about what I expected though I didn't expect Charles to coast to the side of the track in race one.

ForkinGreat

Drama filled Aus F1 GP.
First Lap, Leclerc Punted into the gravel by the field's special needs** driver.... Lance Stroll.

One day, I suspect old "vitch tits" (see rocketpoweredmowhawk for explanation) is going to get
the shit kicked out of him by one or more of the other drivers.

#fuckinguselesscockheaddrivingdaddyscar
#ISWEARDOWNONMENANSGRAVE

Things only developed from there. Lots of teabreaks for restarts.

** ie: especially needed daddy to buy a team so he could play as a driver in F1. :rolleyes:

aaaaaaaaand the colour of the day is RED. :p

Last edited:

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
A weird race to be sure. The start though with Stroll was a bit odd not to attract a penalty and the others as racing incidents seems fair to me. I kind of get why they finished the race as they did but having said that I cannot believe that restart. Sainz penalty I think was fully justified at the end.

ForkinGreat

A weird race to be sure. The start though with Stroll was a bit odd not to attract a penalty and the others as racing incidents seems fair to me. I kind of get why they finished the race as they did but having said that I cannot believe that restart. Sainz penalty I think was fully justified at the end.
It is odd. Perhaps daddy Stroll has dirt on the stewards(???)
re last restart, 100%
Sainz was being a knob, no question.
Congrats to Oscar for getting points.

Last edited: