Formula One world championship

smaj

Likes Dirt
Damn, that is seriously impressive. Really left the V6T for dead! I wasn't expecting it to have such great traction out of the corners, or speed on the straights. I remember Massa commenting after a demo drive at Intelagos of his old Ferrari (can't remember the year), saying it really lacked punch compared to the new V6T (probably in the year after he retired), so this video is even more interesting.

link1896

is a man of many talents
Damn, that is seriously impressive. Really left the V6T for dead! I wasn't expecting it to have such great traction out of the corners, or speed on the straights. I remember Massa commenting after a demo drive at Intelagos of his old Ferrari (can't remember the year), saying it really lacked punch compared to the new V6T (probably in the year after he retired), so this video is even more interesting.
It’s an animation, not video footage of a real event. I fell for it initially too. Damn you Dales

FIA rules around testing of current cars (TCC), or testing events pretending to be a promotional event, are super strict and limiting. The part about both cars being identical prevents this F1-75 vs F1 2025 duel being allowed, specifically clause i of section D

This years rules:

TCC Opportunities
a) A TCC’s may only take place on tracks currently approved for use by Formula One
cars and located in Europe (unless agreed by the majority of the Competitors and
the FIA) and may never occur whilst a Championship Event is taking place.
b) A TCC’s may only take place during shall be limited to the opportunities detailed in
this Article 10.8. and shall be limited to:
c) One Two (2) tests, which are open to all Competitors, each of three (3) consecutive days’ duration carried out between 1 February and ten four (4) days before the start of the first Event of the Championship. Each Competitor may only use one (1) car on each day.
i) During these tests, and between 09:00 and 18:00 of each day, the provisions of Article 21.14 will apply, with the following additional exceptions, when covers may be used:
• Anytime the floor of a car being used for testing is not fitted.
• During the recovery and repair of a car damaged during track running
ii) One (1) day from any of these two (2) tests may be set aside for testing of wet-weather tyres if requested by the appointed tyre supplier. Arrangements for this day of testing will be made in full consultation with all Competitors and the FIA.
d) One (1) test, of two (2) consecutive days’ one (1) day in duration carried out on the circuit at which the last Event of the Championship was held, such test commencing no less than thirty-six (36) hours after the end of the Event.
i) Each Competitor must use two (2) cars at this test which must be in an identical configuration to that used in at least one (1) race during the current Championship year. These cars must fully comply with the provisions of the Technical Regulations. The provisions of Article 8.15 of the Technical Regulations will not be applicable. Any additional logging or testing of any component is strictly prohibited.
ii) One (1) car or two days of this test must be completed must be driven by drivers who have participated in at least one (1) race during the Formula 1 World Championship that has just been completed, and must be for the sole purpose of providing Competitors with the chance to test the tyre specifications to be used the following season. In the event that a Competitor is unable to provide a car that is compatible with such tyres, they will not be allowed to participate in this part day of testing.
iii) One (1) car or two days of this test must be for the sole purpose of providing Young Drivers with the opportunity to test current Formula 1 cars. Drivers eligible for this purpose must:
• Be in possession of an FIA International A Licence
• Not have competed in more than two (2) Formula 1 World Championship
races during their career.
e) A maximum of thirty (30) car days of testing, organised by the FIA in consultation with all Competitors and the appointed tyre supplier, for the sole purpose of providing the appointed tyre supplier with the chance to test improvements to the design of their tyres, carried out between the end of the first Event of t

Last edited:

smaj

Likes Dirt

It has begun (apparently).

The first details of Porsche’s moves to buy into Red Bull’s Formula 1 operation have emerged.

new documents released by Morocco’s Conseil de la Concurrence (Competition Council) show Porsche is in the process of 50% of the shares in Red Bull Technology, which manufacturers the F1 team’s chassis.

The scope of a final deal is likely to go much further than this, and include Red Bull’s junior team AlphaTauri which is also supplied by its technology division. However the latest disclosure indicates the wheels are in motion for Porsche to return to F1 for the first time in over three decades.

crash3

Likes Dirt

It has begun (apparently).
Huh, that's a bit left of field. My understanding up till now was that Porsche was simply looking to slap their name on the RBPT/HRC engine come 2026, and start contributing technically from there. Didn't read anywhere they'd be buying into the team itself, thought that was more Audi's bag (my current understanding there is they're looking to buy Sauber?).

Interesting!

smaj

Likes Dirt
Huh, that's a bit left of field. My understanding up till now was that Porsche was simply looking to slap their name on the RBPT/HRC engine come 2026, and start contributing technically from there. Didn't read anywhere they'd be buying into the team itself, thought that was more Audi's bag (my current understanding there is they're looking to buy Sauber?).

Interesting!
I haven't been keeping up with the latest. RBR have been looking to offload Alpha Tauri for ages, maybe they made Porsche an offer that was too good to turn down? Haven't heard much on the Sauber angle recently, and wonder what's happening w.r.t. Audi now. Sauber and AT are both pretty good teams, I think Porsche could do much worse.

I'm still having trouble getting my head around the idea that Honda would just give their PU IP away like this (well yes sell it, but still). Honda are a bunch of strange guys.

smaj

Likes Dirt
This is great news for Piastri. I was beginning to fear he was going to end up like Vandoorne at McLaren, left on the shelf for too long.

Next big driver movement will be next year, when Dan's contract is up? And Perez has a 1+1 I think?