Formula One world championship

crash3

Likes Dirt
Actually, the team that impressed me the most was Mercedes. To bring themselves from their low point mid-year, to the last few races where they had arguably the fastest car, I thought was a really impressive team effort.
Absolutely. They definitely deserved the WCC I think.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Well, ToeToe & Mercedes have withdrawn their appeal and gone off in a huff. good.

I have absolutely no doubt that the season, and the last race in particular, was a shitshow.
I'm just relieved that its not ending up in a fkg court.

I have a suggestion that may fix many of the problems.

gaffer tape Horner and ToeToe's mouths shut for the duration of race weekend, and issue a 10 million euro fine to ANYONE who tries to pester the race director and stewards during the weekend. :)

smaj

Likes Dirt
Also, if Mazespin though he got a bad reception last year....
I wonder if he'll even make it Melbourne. Haas are already talking about life post-Uralkali sponsorship, and it seems like they're also openly talking about Pietro Fittipaldi taking over his seat?

madstace

Likes Dirt
As far as I can tell it's only the British GP that's banned Russian drivers for now, so he'd only miss one race as the FIA are allowing Russian drivers to compete under their neutral flag.

Make no mistake though, absolutely no fan of his. All the pearl clutching about his boob touching seemed to distract people from his terrible conduct in F2, which should have precluded him from motorsport competition just about anywhere. The real issue is the alignment of daddy Dimitry and a certain agitator ATM. I don't think even pre-2022 people would have missed the Mazepin name, but it seems a no brainer now. If they do exit and Haas can continue, seems like Pietro would be the logical choice. Would be awesome to see Oscar Piastri on grid though. The Hulk, while possibly the hardest done-by driver who truly deserves a drive, likely wouldn't join as he'd want to get paid, and fair enough.

The ultimate issue at hand is the damage to the Haas brand. Between on-track performance, the Rich Energy debacle and now, it hasn't been a great run. I don't really know what heritage, if any, Gene has in motorsport, but it seems at this point the best bet would be for him to get bought out. With Andretti keen as to join, it'd be great to see, although I would love more cars on track. If he does take over Haas, there should be only one stipulation - Guenther must stay!

smaj

Likes Dirt
As far as I can tell it's only the British GP that's banned Russian drivers for now, so he'd only miss one race as the FIA are allowing Russian drivers to compete under their neutral flag.
He might actually be “out of the team” out (at least that’s the rumour)!

https://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/comments/t5v5hl
No more Uralkali sponsorship, and no more Nikita.

I did really have high hopes for Haas the team though. I’m not a NASCAR fan, but isn’t that where Gene Haas had success before this?

K.C.

Likes Dirt
watching F1 testing Day2Sess2, Merc new sidepods meh, the porpoising is horrible on hambone car, like wtf
Mclaren shits the pants with brakes problems

smaj

Likes Dirt
watching F1 testing Day2Sess2, Merc new sidepods meh, the porpoising is horrible on hambone car, like wtf
Mclaren shits the pants with brakes problems
I'm a McLaren fan, and the brakes thing is bad news at this stage of testing. They're trying to rush a fix in for today's testing, here's hoping they can get some decent running.

The Merc sidepods, aesthetically yeah, they leave me a bit cold :) Apparently the "melted candle" look is all about rules legality (they need to present only one section in certain axis), and mostly due to the downwash winglet they've created on the impact structure/wing mirror.

I've been really surprised by how far teams are pushing the Venturi tunnel inlet strakes/bargeboards though, using them for lots of stuff, not always just the tunnel inlet (or multi-purpose). It's great to see such creativity so early on in new regs.

Rusty_68

say no to ooogamaflap
Only four episodes into the latest series of 'Drive to Survive' on Netflix and I already want to punch Christian Horner. Sounding like a squealing little brat who thinks "it's not fair....waaaaah". As if being a short arse and married to a 'ranger' wasn't punishment enough.

I await the wrath of Horner whores with baited breath......

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Only four episodes into the latest series of 'Drive to Survive' on Netflix and I already want to punch Christian Horner. Sounding like a squealing little brat who thinks "it's not fair....waaaaah". As if being a short arse and married to a 'ranger' wasn't punishment enough.

I await the wrath of Horner whores with baited breath......
Horner is a Red Bull Cunt....and ToeToe is a Mercedes Cunt. I do find it interesting that, even though ToeToe must be hard as nails to lead and co-own an F1 team, IMO, he also comes across as a whiny little bitch at times. Both Horner and ToeToe would do anything to win, if they thought it would give them an advantage, and they could get away with it. I'm not sure it's ever been any different in F1.

I'm sure Horner and ToeToe are both whiny little bitches when it suits them
All teams should be banned from talking to the race directors unless spoken to.