Formula One world championship

smaj

Likes Dirt
Hamilton hadn't got the message from his team at that point, radio confirms that. What do you think let him past strategically means?
I think Hamilton feared as well that the race had been double-yellowed or red-flagged again too, and that Max had got that message but Lewis hadn't yet (e.g. steering wheel system hadn't shown it yet, no radio message, etc.) so he held back in case he got DSQ'd.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
I'm far from a Max fan, but how is he suppossed to let soemone by if they won't actaully go past? Why wouldnt hamilton jus tdrive by at the slightest opportunity?
By applying 69 bar of pressure to the brake pedal on a part of the circuit driven flat????

That's just madness, and what do the FIA do? Apply a 10 second penalty.......

The FIA have effectively given Max a mandate to take Lewis out in Abu Dhabi. No penalty, asside from disqualification from the championship, will have a consequence on Max being World Champion.

Last edited:

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
By applying 69 bar of pressure to the brake pedal on a part of the circuit driven flat????

That's just madness, and what do the FIA do? Apply a 10 second penalty.......

The FIA have effectively given Max a mandate to take Lewis out in Abu Dhabi. No penalty, asside from disqualification from the championship, will have a consequence on Max being World Champion.
I hope not but he is a dirty driver.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
finally had time to try and watch the F2 with the kid this morning. what a clusterf424k that was. started late, red flagged 10 seconds in as someone piled into a car that stalled. shortened the race to half points so it didn't delay the F1, then red flagged again when someone spun and got t-boned just as some cars did their pit stop so they would back a couple of laps to calculate the positions. not a great way for piastri to win but it counted anyway.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Schumacher 1994 and 1997..... Prost and Senna 1989 and 1990.

Max tried to take Lewis out on multiple occasions in Jeddah and the FIA are essentially condoning his tactics with pathetic penalties. He needs to be DQ'ed at some point, maybe he'll think twice afterwards.

I have to commend Lewis for managing to avoid Max on many occasions this year, Silverstone and Monza aside. I really hope he takes the chocolates this weekend as he drives the right way, with respect and sporting integrity. And that's coming from someone that's never really had a thing for him.
Max is definitely turning into the new Michael but Hamilton wasn't exactly an angel himself. The overhead view of the grid on the first restart showed Max up at the front in position while Lewis was right past the back of the grid with the entire pack up his arse. That's how he got such a good start. MV's tires were cold. It might have been technically legal but it definitely wasn't a move that I would say had 'sporting integrity'

As for the brake check, that was definitely a cunty move on the part of Verstappen but it was also a result of a massive mistake mixed with shenanigans on Hamilton's part as well. Verstappen had already slowed down and was clearly downshifting long before the brake check. He'd left enough room for Hamilton to get by. Hamilton stayed behind him because he knew fine the DRS detection zone was coming up. Fair do's. He didn't need to stay right behind him though. He could have moved to the left and still shadowed him. Bear in mind Hamilton didn't know about the order to give the place back (but you would imagine he guessed that was the case.) so there was always the small possibility that Verstappen was suffering a mechanical, in which case being right behind him is the last place he'd want to be.

Between that incident and him gift-wrapping the lead after the 2nd restart when he moved to check Ocon leaving Max a perfect line through the first corner, you could tell that his mind was not 100% on the ball.

Whatever side of the fence you sit however, it was a fucking cracker of a race and I've now had to move my flight back to the UK this weekend forward a day so I don't miss the inevitable fireworks in Abu Dhabi!

crash3

Likes Dirt
...Hamilton stayed behind him because he knew fine the DRS detection zone was coming up. Fair do's. He didn't need to stay right behind him though. He could have moved to the left and still shadowed him. Bear in mind Hamilton didn't know about the order to give the place back (but you would imagine he guessed that was the case.)....
Yeah Hamilton said in the post-race presser that at first he was confused but then figured out Max was trying to give him the spot before DRS detection, and didn't want to give him that advantage. I don't think Max's intention was to brake-check him, more that he was trying to ensure he was behind before the DRS detection point.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Does any o the betting agencies have odds that neither of them will finish the race?
cant find the meme now of horner with gasly, tsunoda and perez saying whoever takes out hamilton gets the red bull seat next year. i mean you cant exactly blame the guys for racing with no give with what's at stake and that line has always been very blury at the top.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
cant find the meme now of horner with gasly, tsunoda and perez saying whoever takes out hamilton gets the red bull seat next year. i mean you cant exactly blame the guys for racing with no give with what's at stake and that line has always been very blury at the top.
Not saying I dislike it at all. Crashing is part of racing. I'll admit I'm team lewis but cannot deny the outright pace of verscrashen.