Formula One world championship

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Oscar Piastri is a young Aussie kid in F2. Has a better record in the junior formulae than just about anyone bar Charles Leclerc and George Russell. He's managed by Mark Webber and is part of the Alpine academy.

He'll be in F1 by 2023 with someone other than Alpine.

Last edited:

madstace

Likes Dirt
I dunno, I'm kinda enjoying watching him demonstrate how bad Mazespin is every race, but I guess he's already proved that.

Sounds like a safe move, I can't imagine Giovinazzi will keep his seat.
Can't believe I actually rate/don't hate Schumacher spawn but he has done ok, no surprise he's impressed more than his teammate. Would make sense to put him on a path to Ferrari if his form holds, given the heritage.

While I don't like Giovinazzi I think he's actually done pretty well this year. Even Latifi who I've previously thought was wasting someone else's seat has stepped up. My hopes for moves next season are basically Tsunoda out, seems to have a very inflated self-opinion without that much talent to back it. Albon was hard done by and could go back to AT, or maybe give the Hulk another run (also hard done by). Be good for someone like Callum Ilott to get the vacant Willams seat. Not delusional enough to think that Mazespin's seat might become available.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Albon was hard done by and could go back to AT
current rumour seems to be albon to williams after some posturing about a RB contracted driver being at a MB powered team. RB seem to be actively shopping him around. if daddy mazepin decides he's wasting his money junior will end up doing his military service next year

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Can't believe I actually rate/don't hate Schumacher spawn but he has done ok, no surprise he's impressed more than his teammate. Would make sense to put him on a path to Ferrari if his form holds, given the heritage.

While I don't like Giovinazzi I think he's actually done pretty well this year. Even Latifi who I've previously thought was wasting someone else's seat has stepped up. My hopes for moves next season are basically Tsunoda out, seems to have a very inflated self-opinion without that much talent to back it. Albon was hard done by and could go back to AT, or maybe give the Hulk another run (also hard done by). Be good for someone like Callum Ilott to get the vacant Willams seat. Not delusional enough to think that Mazespin's seat might become available.
Tsunoda will stay for next year, might get the boot after that as Honda won't have any skin in the game. Hulk isn't coming back and Ilott won't get a seat. Albon should be at Williams next year, as @tubby74 says but I would expect him to sever his Red Bull ties as they have nothing for him.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Thoughts on the crash? I have watched it a few times and suspect it will just be a racing incident. Yes Max could push into half a gap, they all do but that gap was disappearing fast and there was no place to go. Could Lewis backoff and make space? Again yes but he is racing for the Championship. It was moot whether Max was far enough through to own the corner, I don't think so but he obviously did. Perez on leClerk was silly, he would have got Charles soon anyway better to give the place back.

Oh, in case anyone missed it McLaren one two, I know Lando asked if he could race but even if he was faster getting past was not easy like for like though it would have been better for Lando to claim the fastest lap point.

Great race and great moto gp.

Beaker74

Likes Dirt
I would have called it a racing incident. Obviously the stewards disagree. MV has been handed a 3 place grid penalty for the next race, saying he could have done more to avoid contact.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Interesting, I was not surprised Toto suggested it was a deliberate ploy to end both their races because he is actwat but for Johnny Herbert to suggest the same and Damon Hill surprised me. There are 8 possible races left and contact doesn't guarantee both cars retire, it could see the other car clear to continue. Disappointing commentary.

Beaker74

Likes Dirt
Toto was always going to say that though. Christian Horner was a bit more balanced.
And Damon Hill does have first hand experience of being taken out on purpose so I guess he’s entitled to his opinion.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
the penalty seems well out of proportion to what they've done recently. max was well alongside in the first right and had enough claim to the left that lewis should have left room. There were z dozen similar passes in f2 all weekend without incident.

It does raise question about the use of the yellow sausages. It stops cars cutting but it made that crash a lot more potentially dangerous than simple side on contact in a slow corner by making max's car bounce

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Deliberate? No. Stupid? Yes. Max just needs a level head and good qualifying performances and he's got this in the bag. To throw away guaranteed points because he's too bone headed to concede an inch of track position anywhere is just dumb imo. He clearly had the faster car, all he needed to do was give Hamilton the position then overtake before the next chicane, or before the end of the lap. His tactical strategy was MIA.

It was shown up even more by how other drivers (Perez excepted) raced each other and squeezed out opportunities to either keep or gain track position and thinking tactically. I'm not a Hamilton fan but he was ahead going into the corner and had the racing line. Max had the dumb. Not sure whether it's worth that penalty but I don't see how it wasn't an easily avoidable incident.

Otherwise brilliant race and some superb performances last night. Bottas 19th to 3rd result was mega, obviously stoked DR got the guernsey of being first Mclaren driver in...8 years(?) to win a race.