Formula One world championship

top_dog

Likes Dirt
I'll be at the GP. My first time so pretty bloody excited!

Also Autosport runs a pretty sweet tipping website. You can make leagues and whatnot.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Top_dog, your life is about to change. You'll never forget the first car that comes your way. You should also join the Superbru group with all Rotorburn dudes. With everyone's permission, my wife is also going to join us in the group as she talked herself up last year claiming she could beat us all. My reply: "bring it on bitch". ;)

Old Shagger

Farkin Legend
F1f1ff1

I just logged onto superbru and F1 is not ready as yet.... (waiting waiting).
Will keep checking and tell ya when i have it sorted.
And re the money - i am totally in...

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Yep, I'll pay up. I'll try to get some Rotorburn merch to match it too. I've said that before and actually gotten the merch but not handed it over. Why you ask? Plow cheated................;)

Plow King

Little bit.
Alright so how do we do this? Deposit it into an account and sort it out at the end?

Anyone want to volunteer to hold onto it. Or should we set up a papal account or something?

richie_gt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm heading to Melbourne for my first F1 GP...I've been meaning to go forever so I'm pretty pumped!

My sister moved to Abu Dhabi a few months ago so I'm very much considering a visit when the F1's are on there! :)

Plow King

Little bit.
Ok guys if you wanna join. Need email dresses so I can forward paypal details. Dozer you should have recieved one check your junk folder.

wombat

Lives in a hole
Ok guys if you wanna join. Need email dresses so I can forward paypal details. Dozer you should have recieved one check your junk folder.
Yeah why not, I reckon I'll be in.
I'll PM you addy.

Not gonna make Melbourne (again), even though I'm sitting in a Melbourne hotel right now; I really need to organise my schedule better.

On the upside, the money I'm not spending on coming back down here next week will go straight towards going to Spa instead. :)

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Spa? SPA!!!!!!!!!!!! Motherf#@ker! For real? Wowsers, I envy you! ;)
I got the request Plow, I'll just hang off with payment until I finish my Grand Prix spend. I'm planning on splashing out next week............actually, I've been splashing out since November. New downhill bike, new all mountain bike, new dually for my wife, tons of new bike parts for other bikes, a new frame sitting here ready for a build..............New Zealand holiday and planning on hitting the Singapore Grand Prix! Next year I'm hoping to go to America and get to some NASCAR races. Oh yeah...............

Old Shagger

Farkin Legend
go go go

superbru is go.
I have started a new thread with all the details for rejoining, and i have also reinvited all from last year.
Please subscribe to that thread and lets all get Redbulled.

Last edited:

Plow King

Little bit.
Cool guys. Paypal requests sent. I'll look at superbru when I get home from work. By the way for those that are flying in. I work in the city. Depending on your flight times I can probably help you out by giving you a lift (assuming your staying in/near the city. Getting to and from the airport sucks and is stupidly expensive so let me know if anyone needs a lift

ToranaJudd

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ummmmmmm?......

(Thanks for deleting that last post Womabt, quite disturbing!)

Last edited:

wombat

Lives in a hole
Spa? SPA!!!!!!!!!!!! Motherf#@ker! For real? Wowsers, I envy you! ;)
Hehe, yeap.

I'm heading to France with my brother, planning on being over that way for some time, so it was really just a matter of picking a race (or two) to hit up. Belgium's near enough, and Spa tickets are pretty reasonable, so it seemed like a no brainer. Love to hit up Monaco too, but I have no idea if that's feasible on a budget.

Plow King

Little bit.
Alright cool guys I've sent out 5 or so requests check your email and junk folders. At the moment we've got about 120 bucks (assuming everyone pays lol)

So first will take away a tidy $85.

ToranaJudd

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Alright cool guys I've sent out 5 or so requests check your email and junk folders. At the moment we've got about 120 bucks (assuming everyone pays lol)

So first will take away a tidy $85.
Done and done!

Bring on the wooden spoon! LOL

akashra

Eats Squid
Love to hit up Monaco too, but I have no idea if that's feasible on a budget.
Monaco is easily doable on a budget. Your budget is five figures, right?

No, seriously. Monaco you're looking at stupid figures. While there are some cheaper tickets, you basically have to buy a grandstand ticket to see anything as it's not like Melbourne where there's general admin areas with a view of the circuit. There's a few ~100 tickets with distance from afar (sorta like going to the Gold Coast and renting an apartment over the other side of the road), but most are around EUR400 per person.
While I haven't done it myself, I'm told accomodation in Monaco during the Grand Prix (and Cannes - remember, Monaco is done around the film festival) is crazy - I've heard of people staying as far away as Marseiles and catching a train there each day, from memory. Most have to stay in Nice.