Formula One world championship

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Great to see an all Australian front row for the F2 feature race. Oscar Piastri on pole for a fifth race in a row and Jack Doohan in second.

Jack has certainly acclimatised quickly to F2 these past two weekends. Oscar essentially has to finish race one to win the championship and become only the third driver to win both F3 and F2 championships in their rookie year. The other two are Charles Leclerc and George Russell........

It's a pity money has more merit than talent at the top of the sport. Guanyu Zhou has raced for three years in F2 with this year being his best result, most probably third, yet he gets the Alpha Romeo seat in F1 for 2022.

Last edited:

Boom King

Piastri starts 10th and finishes 3rd in Race 1, taking the F2 Championship with two races to go.

The kid is the real deal, pity he's tied to Renault (Alpine) and has to effectively sit a year out of competitive racing at minimum.

K.C.

Likes Dirt
Piastri starts 10th and finishes 3rd in Race 1, taking the F2 Championship with two races to go.

The kid is the real deal, pity he's tied to Renault (Alpine) and has to effectively sit a year out of competitive racing at minimum.
what is this sitting a year out of competitive racing rule? is that a open wheeler thing ?

Boom King

He's reserve driver for Alpine F1. F2 rules are you can't race the series as champion. No F1 seats available and nothing else appeals.

madstace

Likes Dirt
Call it how you want to, he was very interestingly much more timid passing someone he didn't having an advantage to piffing off the track. RB better not pull any more bullshit here either....

madstace

Likes Dirt
Well, I fucking hate to admit it, but I think that came down to bad luck for Lewis more than anything. Interesting call on the restart though. Ultimately right now I think I hate Latifi more than anyone. Fuck. Can't say it was boring though.

Beaker74

Likes Dirt
That was genuine edge of the seat stuff. Just bad luck and poor timing for Merc cost them the win and Hamilton his 8th drivers championship.

mik_git

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well, I fucking hate to admit it, but I think that came down to bad luck for Lewis more than anything. Interesting call on the restart though. Ultimately right now I think I hate Latifi more than anyone. Fuck. Can't say it was boring though.
I used to have saved somewhere, from Lewis' first championship, a GIF of him driving past Glock and handing over a big pile of cash... needs to be the same one but the cash going from Max to Latifi haha.

haha found it

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It was thoroughly boring right until it wasn't. Massive credit to Lewis for his sportsmanship. He had to be hurt and confused but showed immense character at the result.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
That was genuine edge of the seat stuff. Just bad luck and poor timing for Merc cost them the win and Hamilton his 8th drivers championship.
I do think that Verstappen can be/is a bit of a knob, but it's nice to see someone who isn't lewis hamilton winning the drivers championship.
I would like to see Honda making another great engine next year as well.

moar competition and close racing, less crushing domination by one team.