Fog light Blue colour Legal?

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I am agin fog lights on unless it is foggy. Being down low and no fucks given I doubt there are two aimed correctly. We get a bit of fog but really dont need them so I swapped the 4by fogs for drls and tge other cars fogs are off. I think the M uses the drls but couldnt be arsed checking but 4wd lights in the M means 4x50W burning my retinas instead of just 2. Anyway each to their own.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
I converted the fogs on the megane to LED globes and wired them to a voltage sensing relay (auto on upon engine start) with another relay to kill then when the main lights come on.

Never needed foglights...

scblack

Leucocholic
Fog 11.jpg
They’re unidirectional lights up high on in addition to your main lights. You just need one elderly or thick glasses wearing driver to be blinded for a few seconds at the wrong time and it suddenly becomes very mission critical indeed.

Don’t be a dick - just leave them off... They’re a nuisance. And more to the point they’re illegal to use when it’s not foggy, so that should be the end of it!
I just realised you don't know WHAT you are talking about.

They are not up high - that is shown in my opening post. See my pic here again - fog lights low in the bumper bar. I circled them in RED for you.

These are not a LED light bar, or spot-light style driving lights.

Maybe just leave being a complete dick to your Japanese travel thread, and take your bitching there.

scblack

Leucocholic
I converted the fogs on the megane to LED globes and wired them to a voltage sensing relay (auto on upon engine start) with another relay to kill then when the main lights come on.

Never needed foglights...
Fark, you talk about illegal. Pot, here's the kettle, he's calling him black.

All you have done on the megane is the same as me. Replaced globes.

Fog lights on without fog. Illegal. Same as me.

Bahahahahahahahah……….

Haakon

Keeps on digging
They’re not on at night, they’re white and wired to turn off when normal lights are on - DRL. Much like a VW that uses the high beam as a DRL.

Foglights on at night in addition to headlights - illegal use of foglights.

Simples.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
View attachment 348269
I just realised you don't know WHAT you are talking about.

They are not up high - that is shown in my opening post. See my pic here again - fog lights low in the bumper bar. I circled them in RED for you.

These are not a LED light bar, or spot-light style driving lights.

Maybe just leave being a complete dick to your Japanese travel thread, and take your bitching there.
Sigh. Chill out dude. You just come across as aggro. It’s clear you know they’re a problem and annoyance for others, you just don’t care.

Don’t try to justify it beyond “ I think it’s cool and I don’t care about anyone else”.

scblack

Leucocholic
They’re not on at night, they’re white and wired to turn off when normal lights are on - DRL. Much like a VW that uses the high beam as a DRL.

Foglights on at night in addition to headlights - illegal use of foglights.

Simples.
Lets both chill, dude...

You are running the fogs illegally. Whether its night or day makes NO difference. You are running the fogs when it is not foggy. That's illegal.

Who said I used the fogs at night? All I am doing is replacing globes. (with an illegal colour).

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Ah, if I were calling others out as illegal for doing the same as me you would be right.

Where did I do that? Where? Did I say I used the fogs out of foggy times? No. Never...….That would be a tosser....
I was making a joke. Has nothing to do with reality.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Would pay money to watch these two have at it down at Dandenong station.
Hair extensions and fake nails flipping everywhere; would be one for the ages.
We can tee up you and oddjob for the same day, make a show of it.

Reactions: Zaf

Flow-Rider

Burner
I used to do some early morning MTB rides here in Brissy out near the main water supply dams and the road is really windy with shit loads of fog, biggest problem I found was people coming the other way with spot lights on.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I heard Haakon buys his lights off Chopsticks, brand new but 20% below retail, if you get my drift.

I also heard that scblack uses his fog lights to hunt for sport, in Les Gets.
Nah...he hunts at the school on foggy morning with an e-gun and an X-ray spotlight. Haakon on the other hand has his lights sconnected to his sub woofer...in strobe mode. How much popcorn am I going to need? I don't want to cook too much.