Floods in VIC - everyone ok?

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
41mm in 1.5hrs here in Altona/Laverton :oops:
We got 68mm (plus a shit load of hail) in an hour yesterday afternoon...
IMG_20221107_142049064~2.jpg

This is our driveway below our dam inflow...
IMG_20221107_142230871~2.jpg

Quite a bit of damage...and currently no way of accessing quarry product or using machinery given the weather.
IMG_20221101_154529909~2.jpg

This is the public road to our place. The posts are new but the rest of it has been developing for months....

cammas

Seamstress
Couple screenshots stolen from Facebook apparently 60ml in around 3 hours, there is a street under there. We had a stream running out front again and up the road the road was flooded but an hour later all gone. There is some videos on Facebook but I can’t copy them over but it was flowing fast and deep

E871E2F4-7AEF-48B7-96D0-D7790761BA85.jpeg
6AACE549-61DB-4132-93B5-A155C504A171.jpeg
BE49A147-69F6-45EA-A7E8-DEE07C3BF93F.jpeg
7052F9A7-D91F-4003-99D7-0348A28CF757.jpeg

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Serious question folks, where is still good to MTB in Vic? Looks like most trails are munted at the moment, is anything still rideable?
Apparently Youies are back open but haven't seen anything about the state of the trails. There's a shuttle day schedule for Sunday so god knows what the condition will be by Monday.
There's also more rain and thunderstorms forecast for tomorrow so I'm nots usre anything is really drying out

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Serious question folks, where is still good to MTB in Vic? Looks like most trails are munted at the moment, is anything still rideable?
Anglesea is pretty good. Being costal it dries it pretty quickly.

I had a ride around there (Hurst Road end) Sunday and there was hardly a wet patch. I've heard the trails near the bike park are running well too.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Silvan is good except for isolated spots, Smith's Gully has had a lot of cleaning up completed, surface very weather resistant. Hey Hey My My good. Red Hill mostly dry, but some of the trails like Fall line have taken a battering.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Up another couple of metres?

I can see it's almost covered the roots of that old stump.
Can't remember the height but the river was already up in the first photo. The viewing platform is now semi submerged and we still have another couple of meters to come.

I might as well drag the roadie out, pretty much everywhere I go is now either cut off or already under water. This plain is normally dry and is my direct route from work to the cliffs.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Can't remember the height but the river was already up in the first photo. The viewing platform is now semi submerged and we still have another couple of meters to come.

I might as well drag the roadie out, pretty much everywhere I go is now either cut off or already under water. This plain is normally dry and is my direct route from work to the cliffs.

I remember when the Woorlong Wetlands were set on fire...