Votes: 16 100.0%
  • Clips

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Say what?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

void

Likes Bikes
Opening up a can of worms.... what do your kids ride - Flats or Clips.

My son races BMX and there seems to be a parental requirement for 8yr old kids to race in clips...

What's everyone thoughts???

slowmick

38-39"
What's a "parental requirement" - is this like screaming abuse at your kid from the side lines at football so that make up for your lack of past performance?

Sam Hill says no.:D

John U

MTB Precision
Flats. Kids don’t care. One less thing to fuck around with instead of riding.

Which flats though?

void

Likes Bikes
What's a "parental requirement" - is this like screaming abuse at your kid from the side lines at football so that make up for your lack of past performance?

Sam Hill says no.:D
Pretty much.... 8yrs race for prize money... got to be the same as the elite riders...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let them learn to ride properly...aka flats....and choose for themselves later. People who’ve only ever ridden clipless are generally terrible riders, skill wise.
As a terrible clips rider, sadly I have to agree :-(

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Let them learn to ride properly...aka flats....and choose for themselves later. People who’ve only ever ridden clipless are generally terrible riders, skill wise.
I'm abysmal on flats and improve to mediocre with clips.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Oddjob

Did you mainly learn on flats or clipless?
Flats, but can't ride effectively without clips now. Pulling up with my legs during manoeuvres is instinctual. I tried bunny hopping unclipped recently and I got the front end up and pushed the bars forward but almost went ass over trying to lift the rear end up with my legs.

moorey

call me Mia
I am going to go out on a limb and say you learned to ride on flats, but never ‘learned to ride’ on flats.

Reactions: MRO

Oddjob

I am going to go out on a limb and say you learned to ride on flats, but never ‘learned to ride’ on flats.
Is it cause I is black?

I won't be troubling Sam Hill anytime soon and I'm not sure more time on flats would have made a difference.

Being a chubby monkey, starting late in life and preferring to ride than do endless repititive practise saw to that.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
My boys were on flats for quite a while but constantly talked about clip-in-shoes. They race 6-12hr races, short course XC and will be doing a few marathon stage races this year.

Eventually gave in and bought them cheap Diadora shoes from CRC for $50 a pair http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/diadora-x-phantom-ii-mtb-spd-shoes/rp-prod156830

A set of Time Atac XC'2 as they release better than any other pedal, I fit their shoes with my worn cleats so they unclip easily.

Couldn't get them back on flats if I wanted now.