Flat Earth, religion, exBurner, roadie hate, alien existence, mushrooms and badgers thread

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Just another thought to throw in the hat:

Elon Musk is probably the 'most famous' person who deeply believes this.
It is an entertaining thought experiment. And entirely plausible...

dazz

Downhill Dazz
I didn’t dislike him….but no, no he didn’t.
Admit it moorey, you're gonna miss him! Or not... lol.
Granted it really didn't seem like it a lot of the time but I think he actually did, why else would he keep asking??? Just a noob being noobish, imo.

The Dude

Wasn't asking to be banned
Granted it really didn't seem like it a lot of the time but I think he actually did, why else would he keep asking??? Just a noob being noobish, imo.
I can't really see what would cause him to bug out. Was it Dales' cautioning?

moorey

call me Mia
Like I say, I didn’t dislike him. There’s very few people on earth I can say I dislike. There’s plenty I don’t care about enough to dislike, but that’s another story.
We gave each other shit. I don’t believe any of his cracks at me were malicious.

However…If you ask questions, then ignore all the advise for days saying people were wrong, then actually follow advice eventually, and are shocked people were right all along, you really probably weren’t after their opinion/advice in the first place.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
I find the christian take on this freaking stupid beyond belief.. Apparently the devil took Jesus up onto a big hill where he could see all the nations and offered him the chance to be king of it all, this could only happen on a flat earth. As far as I'm concerned it's just more proof the bible is full of shit, to some christians it's proof the world is flat. Some of them take it even further and say it's flat and square because the bible mentions the 4 corners of the earth.
to be fair i dont think there is any Christian religion that actually teaches flat earth (at least that i am aware of/never heard of them). There are some christians who interpret some passages as evidence of the earth being flat. Those are not the same. But yes, religion - blergh

dazz

Downhill Dazz
Like I say, I didn’t dislike him. There’s very few people on earth I can say I dislike. There’s plenty I don’t care about enough to dislike, but that’s another story.
We gave each other shit. I don’t believe any of his cracks at me were malicious.

However…If you ask questions, then ignore all the advise for days saying people were wrong, then actually follow advice eventually, and are shocked people were right all along, you really probably weren’t after their opinion/advice in the first place.
advice

Haakon

Keeps on digging
What did I miss with Hambo? That all seemed like fairly standard RB shit stirring and thread derailment, not even to Moorey levels of general offensiveness. I guess its hard to tell if people are being serious over a forum. I just assume no one is serious (except about e bikes obviously...), and if they are I dont tend to take them seriously anyway...

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
What did I miss with Hambo? That all seemed like fairly standard RB shit stirring and thread derailment, not even to Moorey levels of general offensiveness. I guess its hard to tell if people are being serious over a forum. I just assume no one is serious (except about e bikes obviously...), and if they are I dont tend to take them seriously anyway...
It was standard Hambo at first - Asked questions, ignored answers.

Then someone mentioned religion and he went off like an oversized Roman candle on cracker night.

Apparently @Cardy George Pell was involved.

Flight data recorder has not been recovered.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
@beeb I have the data. 95% of it is in this very thread. Combined with other generic RB discussions, a few divine interventions, a very late night chasing a very obvious problem, and finally a stand and deliver call to back his beliefs, while not completely denouncing someone else's.

It was just all too much for the Young Hamfister

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
@beeb I have the data. 95% of it is in this very thread. Combined with other generic RB discussions, a few divine interventions, a very late night chasing a very obvious problem, and finally a stand and deliver call to back his beliefs, while not completely denouncing someone else's.

It was just all too much for the Young Hamfister
All I know is I picked the funniest day to take him off Ignore. :p It was as perplexing as everything else he ever did on here though tbh.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
All I know is I picked the funniest day to take him off Ignore. :p It was as perplexing as everything else he ever did on here though tbh.
Feels like i missed a party - religion arguments are always super fun! I grew up learning how to shit stir Christians - the local jehova witness mob once upon a time thought it was their duty to "save" my mum who was known as the "local witch". She had a ball with them - invited them in, gave them tea and biscuits and asked a lot of pointed questions about the bible that routinely floundered them (she went to a private christian girls school and knew her way around the bible pretty well). Eventually they stopped coming and I think Mum was disappointed...

Minlak

custom titis
Feels like i missed a party - religion arguments are always super fun! I grew up learning how to shit stir Christians - the local jehova witness mob once upon a time thought it was their duty to "save" my mum who was known as the "local witch". She had a ball with them - invited them in, gave them tea and biscuits and asked a lot of pointed questions about the bible that routinely floundered them (she went to a private christian girls school and knew her way around the bible pretty well). Eventually they stopped coming and I think Mum was disappointed...
You didn't miss anything - The post that seemed to trigger people was just one members perspective and was not pushing any agendas at all - Some people just got triggered - I assume some sort of apocalyptic PTSD