First Dually Question

Ackland

chats d'élevage
I'd like to race. Possible marathon events too

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Fair point.
But my lower back(work related) needs the cushioning.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
OK so your motivation for a dual suspension is Lower Back related?
I would suggest that 90% of lower back pain is caused by improper fit, improper technique, general poor core strength or all of the above.

It may well be that any back condition that you have has gone past this though I suppose.

If you don't "Need" a dually (either highly technical terrain or you're more about sitting on a couch while descending) then I would seriously recommend a Hardtail with either a compliant post (Syntace p6 Hi-Flex) or frame design (Trek Decoupler).

More info on the terrain, local trails and amount that you ride would be needed to properly recommend a bike.

FWIW the Giant Anthem 29 is very efficient as far as dual sus bikes go, especially with the remote lockout system but also decent fun as a trail bike

creaky

XMAS Plumper
OK so your motivation for a dual suspension is Lower Back related?
I would suggest that 90% of lower back pain is caused by improper fit, improper technique, general poor core strength or all of the above.

It may well be that any back condition that you have has gone past this though I suppose.

If you don't "Need" a dually (either highly technical terrain or you're more about sitting on a couch while descending) then I would seriously recommend a Hardtail with either a compliant post (Syntace p6 Hi-Flex) or frame design (Trek Decoupler).

More info on the terrain, local trails and amount that you ride would be needed to properly recommend a bike.

FWIW the Giant Anthem 29 is very efficient as far as dual sus bikes go, especially with the remote lockout system but also decent fun as a trail bike
Ignore this guy, he likes to ride for 24 hours in one go on a single speed bike => opinion irrelevant to the rational person.

r.ayres1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have to agree with that. I Bought an Anthem a few months back, it's definitely is a fun bike (and comfy). I still have a longer travel burlier bike, but for 90% of the stuff I ride this bike is faster overall. Does keep you on your toes though when you push a little too quick through the tech (fun)..

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Yah, trance, 120, camber (I think spesh have ditched the camber now and do a short travel stumpy?) Etc. I'd suggest not getting too hung up on a brand or model, but it's pointless, your heart is going to lead you regardless.

120-130mm travel would probably be the sweet spot if you've got xc tendencies. A little more travel if you were more into descending. Or be like the rest of us and have 23 different bikes to suit your mood on the day

(This is mandatory viewing for all mountain bikers)

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk
And then don’t ride any of them enough.