First BMX in 25 years

ken_gilchrist

Cannon Fodder
Righto people I need some advice I know it has been done to death but I need some opinions. I have decided to start racing (riding) BMX at my local club and I am about to buy a new Cruiser to race in the "old boys club". I am 37, and although I have ridden bikes all my life I have not been on BMX since my teens. I am in the NT and the three bikes I have narrowed it down to are;

1. 2015 SE Racing Floval Flyer Elite for $600. (I had a PK when I was younger and loved that bike. So I have a soft spot for SE) But I have to ship it up from Vic $730 total.

2. 2015 DK Elite. I can get one for a grand locally with a helmet thrown in. I got to ride this one, it feels nice and I think the deal is pretty good.

3. 2015 DK Sprinter (locally as well) for $600 with a helmet. Rode this one also, feels nice but I can tell the differance of $400 between the two DKs, I really like the colour scheme on this one also. I know it is base model but I am also 37 and not looking to tear down any records and I like the idea of personalising the bike with upgrades over time.

I love the look of the Chase Edge but they are sold out every where.

What are the opinions of the guys in the know? Which way should I go based on components vs price.