VIC First annual Arseclown 6h

moorey

call me Mia
I’ll start something here so I don’t clog up other threads with my half arsed thought bubbles about my planned quarantine goal.
Basically, the whole fam is in quarantine after a Tier 1 Covid exposure, and though we’ve tested in the clear, we all still have the 14 day isolation.
We’re fortunate to live on a 40 acre bush block that has an existing 1.9km loop with 40m of elevation and tight twisting descents.
The loop is partially used by 100’s of people a week, passing through as part of a local 35km loop, but I rarely ride the full loop. I think it’s been 5 years, TBH.
Anyway, it’s come into use during quarantine over the last few days, and while I’m already sick to death of looping it, I’m working up to a 6h XC enduro, because why not?
Thursday:
20.3km in 1h50 with 448m climbing (10 laps)

Friday:
26.6km in 2h20 with 609 elevation. (15 laps.

Saturday:
37.7km in 3h21 with 874m climbing. (21 laps.

I’ve had a few big weeks of riding, and 6h is probably beyond what I can comfortably see myself managing on this tough loop, so I’m going to wind down a bit over the next couple of days and choose a day mid week with favourable weather.

Have GoPro’d a boring loop I’ll try to upload at some stage, but our woeful internet might take until 2022 to get up.

Maybe next year if Covid allows I’ll make it an invitational. Get training.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
I’ll start something here so I don’t clog up other threads with my half arsed thought bubbles about my planned quarantine goal.
Basically, the whole fam is in quarantine after a Tier 1 Covid exposure, and though we’ve tested in the clear, we all still have the 14 day isolation.
We’re fortunate to live on a 40 acre bush block that has an existing 1.9km loop with 40m of elevation and tight twisting descents.
The loop is partially used by 100’s of people a week, passing through as part of a local 35km loop, but I rarely ride the full loop. I think it’s been 5 years, TBH.
Anyway, it’s come into use during quarantine over the last few days, and while I’m already sick to death of looping it, I’m working up to a 6h XC enduro, because why not?
Thursday:
20.3km in 1h50 with 448m climbing (10 laps)

Friday:
26.6km in 2h20 with 609 elevation. (15 laps.

Saturday:
37.7km in 3h21 with 874m climbing. (21 laps.

View attachment 380407View attachment 380408View attachment 380409

I’ve had a few big weeks of riding, and 6h is probably beyond what I can comfortably see myself managing on this tough loop, so I’m going to wind down a bit over the next couple of days and choose a day mid week with favourable weather.

Have GoPro’d a boring loop I’ll try to upload at some stage, but our woeful internet might take until 2022 to get up.

Maybe next year if Covid allows I’ll make it an invitational. Get training.
I'm there. Tell me when!

moorey

call me Mia
Keep eating whatever you ate!
It’s a slow loop no matter what you do. I could maybe manage 13-13.5km average over 5 loops, which is slow compared to my usual trail speed. If I can manage 10-11 over 6h, I’ll be stoked…and surprised.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
I got as far as 5hrs of non stop single-track at one stage training for a 6hr. Wasn't walking right for a week after that, I promptly became happy with 3-4hours as the go-to endurance ride

Good show, I'm also looking forward to a good burner catch up, not sure I want to do that to my ass again tho

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk

moorey

call me Mia
I got as far as 5hrs of non stop single-track at one stage training for a 6hr. Wasn't walking right for a week after that, I promptly became happy with 3-4hours as the go-to endurance ride

Good show, I'm also looking forward to a good burner catch up, not sure I want to do that to my ass again tho

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk
The trick is not to wear Lycra or knicks.
@Labcanary says she’ll come do a team 6h. Bring K-dog or @Missa. They can do the heavy lifting.