VIC First annual Arseclown 6h

moorey

call me Mia
Ok, the breakdown:
Was looking like I’d have to break it up into two rides, as we have to do a family day 13 COVID test coming out of isolation. Was expecting up to 3h wait, so while fam was getting ready, I started lapping to get some out of the way, not wanting to ride into the night. Got about 60 min in and had to pause the ride and head in.
Luckily, drive through testing was almost deserted, and we were home in about 2h (including the hour drive).
Got home, had lunch and was back on the bike about 1.30pm with 5h to go.
Mixed it up, changing loops section, sometimes riding loop backwards, and also using the gravel road when I needed a rest. It’s still got about 25m elevation, but not the technical tight trail.
As per my confession, at about the 5h45 mark, it was just too dark to continue. I was at 90km, so I paused the app, banged on the light and thought, ‘fuck it! I’ll do the 100km’, even though that will take me to the 6h30 mark. Pace was waining, but did 5x2km, checked my phone…fuck sake, it was still paused from 40 minutes earlier.
Weeping, I restarted it and did another grueling 10km, which gave me the 100km (actually 110km, which is really about 120km) and recorded riding time was 6h40m (actually about 7h20m)
On the plus side, on the second phase, I did the 6h straight….and an hour ‘warm up’ before that.
Feeling good. No cramping, slightly dizzy maybe after 50+ loops.

Attachments

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Ok, the breakdown:
Was looking like I’d have to break it up into two rides, as we have to do a family day 13 COVID test coming out of isolation. Was expecting up to 3h wait, so while fam was getting ready, I started lapping to get some out of the way, not wanting to ride into the night. Got about 60 min in and had to pause the ride and head in.
Luckily, drive through testing was almost deserted, and we were home in about 2h (including the hour drive).
Got home, had lunch and was back on the bike about 1.30pm with 5h to go.
Mixed it up, changing loops section, sometimes riding loop backwards, and also using the gravel road when I needed a rest. It’s still got about 25m elevation, but not the technical tight trail.
As per my confession, at about the 5h45 mark, it was just too dark to continue. I was at 90km, so I paused the app, banged on the light and thought, ‘fuck it! I’ll do the 100km’, even though that will take me to the 6h30 mark. Pace was waining, but did 5x2km, checked my phone…fuck sake, it was still paused from 40 minutes earlier.
Weeping, I restarted it and did another grueling 10km, which gave me the 100km (actually 110km, which is really about 120km) and recorded riding time was 6h40m (actually about 7h20m)
On the plus side, on the second phase, I did the 6h straight….and an hour ‘warm up’ before that.
Feeling good. No cramping, slightly dizzy maybe after 50+ loops.

View attachment 380640View attachment 380643View attachment 380644
That's a lot of filing. Kudos.