XC Find me an axle please

Minlak

custom titis
So this will eventually become the PYR thread for my XC / Fire Road / Rail Trail / Gravel bike build but I can't do that until I find an axle.

The hub spec for the rear is 142+ ( you can fit standard 142 hubs) I am going to assume this is 12mm and it needs to be a thru axle - The trick is I am having trouble finding the right axle as the non drive side or the head of the axle is recessed.
frame is a 2016 Specialized Stumpjumper Pro World Cup if that helps?

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Huh? Google search finds this first link:

Someone sold you a frame with no axle?

Minlak

custom titis
Huh? Google search finds this first link:

View attachment 372194

Someone sold you a frame with no axle?
It wasn't supposed to have a headset and does - wasn't supposed to have a seat clamp and does - was meant to have an axle and doesn't lol

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Given the Specialized one appears to be out of stock, this may be of some use (though a lot more expensive, plus shipping etc...

Wouldn't hurt to check the dimensions before ordering either, I just went off their axle finder.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Was this one of the bargain run out frames from Total Rush @Minlak? They were a good deal, even if they lost the axle and it took forever to get to you...

Minlak

custom titis
Was this one of the bargain run out frames from Total Rush @Minlak? They were a good deal, even if they lost the axle and it took forever to get to you...
Yeah it is :) Last 1 and I thought too good to pass up

I found an AXLE - Interestingly its coming from Specialized but its not the one linked - there is another product code for the MTB version that is not available to purchase online from them - but you can through the shop - Went to local shop for a change of pace and have it ordered.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Head down to you local Specialized shop or call them, they have shit loads of spares removed from bikes, they may have one.

EDIT: You got one.

Minlak

custom titis
Head down to you local Specialized shop or call them, they have shit loads of spares removed from bikes, they may have one.

EDIT: You got one.
Yeah I oddly didn't think of that until HiFi linked the one - Then I went "Idiot go to the Shop" he has it ordered but couldn't give me a price I found them OS for 29euro so I assume $50

Minlak

custom titis
I know a lot of you were anxiously waiting but the axle has arrived - the mountain bike variant and was $44 from the bike shop - seems the MTB one is thicker and costs about double the road version.