FAQ The MTB Show Podcast and general questions

WOFTT

Likes Bikes
Good to hear. What local trails are we talking about?
Ahh - I see you have done one on episode 47 with Glen Jacobs. I recall seeing him at the worlds (stomlo) up on an extendable platform at triple treat jumping up and down. A few years ago I was lucky enough to ride a lot of the trails in Afan Forst Park in Wales and was amazed at the trailbuilding and design. Would love to see some more really good trail design down here.

Wofft.

grimzentide

Likes Dirt
Hey Scratchy,

Any chance of getting an interview with Nicolas Bowman from IMBA-AU? It would be cool (IMO) to hear about IMBA in Australia, what they are working in, the challenges and what the future holds for sustainable legal trails here.

Kris R

Cannon Fodder
Well done on a great podcast

Hi Travis,

I've been listening to your podcasts for about a month now and I love your work! I posted a review on Itunes but I'm going to change it to be less critical... In a nutshell I was saying that I love the podcasts content but that you could spend a bit more time on editing before publishing (like in the helmet cam podcast where you answered your mobile and didn't edit it out). But I realised that you must be putting in a lot of hours publishing podcasts (for free until you get a serious sponsor), probably sick of the commitment on top of your regular job but still publishing on a regular basis - Well done and keep up the good work.

Kris from Vanuatu

DH danny

Squid
did i miss something?

have i missed something? is there something wrong with my itunes/rotorburn? why do my episodes just stop at ep52, i miss tmbs and am wondering why it just sort of, stopped. were the rest of listeners informed of a hiatus or something that i missed?

just some props.

Listened to a couple of older episodes out for a ride today.
Good stuff. As someone who has just started getting serious about riding mtb this is great.
really enjoy the show and appreciate the work.
Music is not always to my tastes but it ain't the worst I ever heard.
For someone like myself this is a good way to hear about people and products. helps me get up hills while I am listening to the podcasts, takes me some other place instead of the burning in my thighs and the gasping lungs. cheers
Makes a fairly long ride around here seem a touch shorter.
Will be tuning in more from here on in.
regards
Phil

ps the variable sound mentioned by others here is an issue but see you are getting on to it.

scratchy

Farkin Activist
Hey guys sorry for the gap in podcasts. No it does stop at 52. At this point I changed jobs, moved house, wrote a guidebook for WA and got it published www.mtbguidebook.com , bought a house, moved again and now are finally setting up the house. I've been busy taking photos and continue to write for magazines. The podcast is still there and I want to pick it up again soon. Just hoping to have life settle down a bit first and get out on my bike a bit more.

Thanks

Travis Deane

Genius Josh

Likes Dirt
Back to back

Hi Travis,

I have only recently stepped out of the dark ages and brought an iPod. Been listening to your shows from episode 1 in chunks on long drives. I'm up to episode 30 something now. Looking forward to the next one when it comes out at current rate of listening I will run out of new shows in about 1 week.

One thing I would like to hear more of is trail advocacy stuff basically what do I need to do to get more legal and challenging single track (other than build it on the sly).

The race promo/ reviews around the country are cool and have me keen to throw the bike on the back of the car and not pay the house off.

I wish that Canada show was on before I went. Best tip I could give anyone would be if your driving history is ok get a copy of it and drive a cab there. Hours were awesome for riding but I didn't get my licence till winter. Wages are terrible you really need the tips and I don't have the assets for waitressing.

Trigger02

Likes Bikes and Dirt
More podcasts...lol

I have listened to every Rotorburn podcasts and on the way to and from work and need more hits...lol i am a podcast junkie :) :tape: