Familiar Ground EP1 - Lysterfield

Derek Yates

Soul Rider
It's been a while since I've been on the old Rotorburn!

I've released the first episode of my web series Familiar Ground. The episodes focus on mountain bike destinations within one hour of Melbourne.

The first episode is some of my favorite Lysterfield trails. It's all shot trailside with zero POV camera so pretty different to most other videos. I tried to capture the vibe of riding, the trails and the natural environment. If you are looking for big hucks or crashes, this isn't your video. Hopefully it inspires someone to get out and ride!

Cheers,

Derek

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I for one, can certainly appreciate the amount of effort that went into that.
Very well produced mate, looks great.
I had a planned ride there on Saturday, not anymore!

Derek Yates

Soul Rider
I for one, can certainly appreciate the amount of effort that went into that.
Very well produced mate, looks great.
I had a planned ride there on Saturday, not anymore!
Thank You. It was a bit of work to put together but lots of fun too.
Yeah super bad timing on the post!
Cheers,
Derek

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The amount of times you must have had to walk back and pick up the camera.. man, I seriously appreciate the effort & time that went into filming that! Great video & extremely well produced (as mentioned above), looking forward to more

Derek Yates

Soul Rider
The amount of times you must have had to walk back and pick up the camera.. man, I seriously appreciate the effort & time that went into filming that! Great video & extremely well produced (as mentioned above), looking forward to more
Thanks. It felt like many of days of long walks and short bike rides! I've got a few projects on the go but looking forward to getting back to theses again!

Derek Yates

Soul Rider
Wow top effort. Filmed with no one else on the trail, good cuts and made it look a lot more epic than i remember it haha
Ha. Thanks. It is Lysterfield so it's not super crazy but has plenty of fun bits! I actually shot on some SUPER busy long weekends with tons of other riders around. It's amazing what you can do with angles and editing! I'm sure a lot of people wondered what I was doing lurking beside the trails with a camera set up.