Falls Creek / Blue Dirt, 2019 & beyond?

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Since Vail purchased Falls Creek earlier this year does this mean the end of Blue Dirt servicing Falls?

Just noticed that ticket sales for Ignition still haven't come out and they were out by this time last year.

Anyone have any info? Heard anything?

wkkie

Will do @Bluedirt!

Quick question too while you're here... I know you guys do Saturday & Sunday tickets, but the Sunday could be out for me this year due to family commitments.

It's there an option for Friday & Saturday?

Looking forward to Ignition! Always a super weekend!

Bluedirt

Likes Dirt
Will do @Bluedirt!

Quick question too while you're here... I know you guys do Saturday & Sunday tickets, but the Sunday could be out for me this year due to family commitments.

It's there an option for Friday & Saturday?

Looking forward to Ignition! Always a super weekend!
Hey Wkkie, sorry no FRI/SAT only ticket. See you up there

gillyske

Likes Dirt
Has anyone ridden falls creek on a DH bike? Would you ever do it again? What was it like?

Heading up there in Feb, weekend after the Enduro Gravity Tour and a mate of mine doesn't have a bike, so is borrowing a DH bike from another mate.

wkkie

If he's just borrowing it all good. If you're sticking to the blue and black trails and shuttling, the downhill bike will be fine. It would just struggle on some of the greens.

padams10003

Likes Dirt
Has anyone ridden falls creek on a DH bike? Would you ever do it again? What was it like?

Heading up there in Feb, weekend after the Enduro Gravity Tour and a mate of mine doesn't have a bike, so is borrowing a DH bike from another mate.
"Big Fella" is the only i think has no flat spots or climbing in it. "Thunderbolt" and "Wishing Well" would be ok on a DH bike, but they do have flat spots/small climbs which wouldn't be much fun.

"Flowtown" would be fine in most spots, he might just wend up pushing up some of the climbs.

If the DH bike is his only option then he will have to make do with it. Not ideal, but will still produce some smiles.

Miguel75

Likes Dirt

Yeah my buddy rode a DH bike for two Thunderbolt-Flowtown laps and then promptly hired a bike. Too much pedalling, not enough steep. I rode it all on a 180/170(?) Canyon Torque and really felt like that was too much bike for the trails.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
road still closed I believe
yeah there is a bit of uphill on most tracks esp mid Flowtown + High Voltage

glenn1529

Likes Dirt
Got notice today that Blue Dirt are up and running again! Bright from this weekend and Falls Creek and Buller coming on line in the next 4-6 weeks! This weekend will be a four day-er due to tues Melbourne Cup hols.

glenn1529

Likes Dirt
Currently only border region residents can book shuttles. I’m booked for Tuesday! Any ‘Burners keen to join?

phillynight

Likes Dirt
I am headed to Falls Creek to ride on Saturday but just saw Blue Dirt shuttles are sold out... are there any alternative shuttles by chance?

phillynight

Likes Dirt
Their website is showing Sold Out but I will give them a call at 10 when they open. Self shuttling might work or pedaling if all else fails but that just means wayyyy less rides and also rubbery legs hahah

moorey

call me Mia
Their website is showing Sold Out but I will give them a call at 10 when they open. Self shuttling might work or pedaling if all else fails but that just means wayyyy less rides and also rubbery legs hahah
It’s not a bad ride up unless you’re doing Wishing Well into Flow Town down to the gate, then riding up all the way again. Self shuttles don’t get you right to the summit, but it’s 10 min max up from the gate.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
I could possibly be coerced into giving you a lift or two up the hill. I've got a 2 day shuttle pass and I'm up there by myself so no doubt I'll get more than my fill of riding.

...anyone else going up this weekend that I should keep an eye out for?

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk