Exposed by a Strava KOM - great long form story

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
In his case it just suited his objectives.
Yeah, fair enough. Was more of a general comment - like literally 99% of bullshit artists from the serial conman on dating apps to Steven Seagul has pretended to be an elite military warrior while never being within 10km of an enlistment office. Surprised Trump never tried it.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Under 23's right? I also raced that event when I was 24. So surprised we never crossed paths :D
No, I was 17 at the time but it was seniors. I was that fast.

I did ride u/23’s at the 1989 world championships in Madagascar though, where I won gold in XC and DH.

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
I guess we will see what the Australian SAS historical foundation, and The Royal Australian Regiment Association make of it. :)
I was in Hereford for a couple of weeks when I went back and my brother (as a squaddie himself who's worked in Hereford) was pointing out the proper SAS guys when we went out on the piss, I wouldn't want to mess with them...

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
I was in Hereford for a couple of weeks when I went back and my brother (as a squaddie himself who's worked in Hereford) was pointing out the proper SAS guys when we went out on the piss, I wouldn't want to mess with them...
100% The RAR association guy I messaged (RAR & SASR officer) said that cockroach is definitely a fake. "the medals tell the story".
cockroaches deets passed on to the SAS association. :)

The only thing is to keep exposing cockroaches faking palmares and service medals and such. keep the little bastards scuttling away.

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
100% The RAR association guy I messaged (RAR & SASR officer) said that cockroach is definitely a fake. "the medals tell the story".
cockroaches deets passed on to the SAS association. :)

The only thing is to keep exposing cockroaches faking palmares and service medals and such. keep the little bastards scuttling away.
Sounds like he may get a 'visit'...

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Yeah, fair enough. Was more of a general comment - like literally 99% of bullshit artists from the serial conman on dating apps to Steven Seagul has pretended to be an elite military warrior while never being within 10km of an enlistment office. Surprised Trump never tried it.
I actually think this relates to the whole power and control angle. There is a lot of evidence around societal pressure to conform to rigid and unhealthy forms of masculinity. The rigid archetype of a 'real man' that some people get caught up trying to emulate is someone that is always in control, uses violence to get respect, doesn't show emotion, is the main bread winner, is sexually active and always ready for sex etc. There is more info here re the manbox.

Anyway, it seems to me that this guy and Seagal etc are often trying to be impotant/in control and create an image of someone that is powerful through the associating with army/special forces etc. As @ashes_mtb said, I also think it helped him with his work connection but I reckon it also linked to the power stuff...

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I actually think this relates to the whole power and control angle. There is a lot of evidence around societal pressure to conform to rigid and unhealthy forms of masculinity. The rigid archetype of a 'real man' that some people get caught up trying to emulate is someone that is always in control, uses violence to get respect, doesn't show emotion, is the main bread winner, is sexually active and always ready for sex etc. There is more info here re the manbox.

Anyway, it seems to me that this guy and Seagal etc are often trying to be impotant/in control and create an image of someone that is powerful through the associating with army/special forces etc. As @ashes_mtb said, I also think it helped him with his work connection but I reckon it also linked to the power stuff...
Fuck knows what kind of man I am then.

My home is a zoo that's on the verge of getting shut down by the authorities. Too tired for most things; sex is something that happens to other people. I'm always telling my kids that I love them, except when I want to sell them to the circus. Telling people I'll sit on them, certainly causes fear but I'm not so sure about respect.

And yet my life seems to be better than that guys.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

ForkinGreat

Sounds like he may get a 'visit'...
cockroach might get emails from SAS & RAR assoc. telling him to pull his head in.
given that cockroach is in 'Murica, and the problem seems fairly localised, I don't think they would bother to 'visit' him. Be cooler if they did though...;)

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Fuck knows what kind of man I am then.

My home is a zoo that's on the verge of getting shut down by the authorities. Too tired for most things; sex is something that happens to other people. I'm always telling my kids that I love them, except when I want to sell them to the circus. Telling people I'll sit on them, certainly causes fear but I'm not so sure about respect.

And yet my life seems to be better than that guys.

The research I linked to also shows that the men who try and live up to a very rigid and singular view of being a 'real man' are also much more likely to have poor mental health and much higher rates of suicidal ideation.

With that in mind, I think you are probably doing well if you accept life is messy and sometimes you feel like selling your kids to the circus. There are lots of different ways to be a man (or a woman or anything else...) and you just need to be cool with that.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Ex pro's all (generally) have a bit of a look, even if they've lost bulk.

I mean... especially if that's what you're pitting your whole reputation against
Is it a look of constantly being underfed and in pain?

ForkinGreat

The research I linked to also shows that the men who try and live up to a very rigid and singular view of being a 'real man' are also much more likely to have poor mental health and much higher rates of suicidal ideation.

With that in mind, I think you are probably doing well if you accept life is messy and sometimes you feel like selling your kids to the circus. There are lots of different ways to be a man (or a woman or anything else...) and you just need to be cool with that.
You could lease some of the kids out to childless couples who 'really want kids but couldn't '.
NFI what the market for circus kids is like.

ForkinGreat

That was the first thing that I thought, how gullible are people these days?
'Murica. They have the inturdnet and yet CBF doing a basic stickybeak into his past. Must be why the Orange Shitstain got away with constant lying and BS. #ScrotuMo and his LNP shitstain accomplices seem to be doing the same, with help from most 'media'.

Is it a look of constantly being underfed and in pain?

Just like Phil Gaimon
IMO, Cadel Evans was the poster boy for Gaunt and hungry all the time, probably the pain thing too.
Most Ex-Pros actually look healthier once they retire, as long as they don't go nuts eating, & drinking booze.

Last edited: