Evil Bikes Partner With Defcon Cycles

enduro mike

Cannon Fodder
This is the first time I have posted on this forum but after my experience I feel that this story needs some light shed on it.
There are a lot of people on here repeating the line that Stu is not a bad guy, I catagorically call bullshit on that. I have brought 3 frames off him over the last few years each one taking longer than the last and with more and more bullshit stories accompaning the extended delivery times.
It became apparant to me that he was trading while insolvent and clearly running some sort of poor excuse for a ponsie scheme over a year ago.
He delivered banshee darkside frame to me without dropouts in November (after a long wait)last year. and after chasing him for months finally got them from the NZ distributor (who he told me he had just spoken too and they didn't have stock either) shipped overnight to my doorstep.
I rang him and told him he owed me $200 for the dropouts (thats what they cost me) and he told me he would only pay me $80 because thats what he sold them for. I told him I didn't give a fuck about that because I had already paid him for them and he didn't deliver. after a couple more months of excuses about his accounts department missing the payment ( he's a one man band ) I rang him and told him I would post on social media what he was doing with peoples money. He immediately ran to the bank and sent me a text message with a photo of the bank receipt.
That was around 8 months ago. So if you think that this is something that just suddenly turned think again. I would estimate that he was trading while insolvent for at least a year probably longer. Remember the best conmen are nice guys.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Trading while insolvent has a specific definition under the corporations law and can be highly dependant on creditor terms. Its not an accusation to make lightly and could make you liable in a defamation suit.

Accusing someone of running a ponzie scheme is even more problematic.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

waldog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This is the first time I have posted on this forum but after my experience I feel that this story needs some light shed on it.
There are a lot of people on here repeating the line that Stu is not a bad guy, I catagorically call bullshit on that. I have brought 3 frames off him over the last few years each one taking longer than the last and with more and more bullshit stories accompaning the extended delivery times.
It became apparant to me that he was trading while insolvent and clearly running some sort of poor excuse for a ponsie scheme over a year ago.
He delivered banshee darkside frame to me without dropouts in November (after a long wait)last year. and after chasing him for months finally got them from the NZ distributor (who he told me he had just spoken too and they didn't have stock either) shipped overnight to my doorstep.
I rang him and told him he owed me $200 for the dropouts (thats what they cost me) and he told me he would only pay me $80 because thats what he sold them for. I told him I didn't give a fuck about that because I had already paid him for them and he didn't deliver. after a couple more months of excuses about his accounts department missing the payment ( he's a one man band ) I rang him and told him I would post on social media what he was doing with peoples money. He immediately ran to the bank and sent me a text message with a photo of the bank receipt.
That was around 8 months ago. So if you think that this is something that just suddenly turned think again. I would estimate that he was trading while insolvent for at least a year probably longer. Remember the best conmen are nice guys.
First post with fury....

I’m in no position to say whether your accusations are false or inaccurate, but it’s a pretty big call to jump on a public forum and lay them all out like that.

If I were you, I’d be angry, but I’d also be mindful of what and to whom I say it...

creaky

XMAS Plumper
There's been a facebook page set up for those that have been affected, sorry to hear.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/141...fref=gs&dti=743302145761683&hc_location=group

There's more bad news on the Horizon, I've been led to believe that yellow Jersey shops have gone down also. There's a sign in the front window involving an insolvency group.
Just saw on the Yellow Jersey facebook page that the stores and, it seems, all deals, laybys, gift cards, items paid for or part paid for etc. are being taken over by Trek and renamed "Trek Stores". Seems like their customers are being well looked after and no unhappy people posting on their facebook page from what I can see. That's the way to do it !

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I ordered an Intense Recluse the day they were released. 6 months later I had the bike. There were a lot of issues and I came very close to cancelling the order. Communication was poor. It got to the stage where I was calling the importers of different components to find out what was happening and was told that Defcon hadn't ordered the parts I'd already paid for in full, or Defcon couldn't order the parts until they'd paid their account up. When I got the bike the build wasn't great, some parts weren't what I ordered, the front derailleur and headset weren't set properly, bad cable routing, etc. When i got the refund for the brakes that they couldn't supply it was significantly less than what I expected but it wasn't worth the hassle to chase it. I just didn't want to have anything more to do with Defcon. So I guess I'm not surprised.

Ponchoatdirtworks

Likes Dirt
Just saw on the Yellow Jersey facebook page that the stores and, it seems, all deals, laybys, gift cards, items paid for or part paid for etc. are being taken over by Trek and renamed "Trek Stores". Seems like their customers are being well looked after and no unhappy people posting on their facebook page from what I can see. That's the way to do it !
Depends if the unsecured creditors (small wholesalers etc) get paid.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I hope they keep the customer service up to the same level.