Even stupider than 24" Wheels.

• Thread starter Deleted member 18757
  • Start date

patto_15

Wheel size expert
Yeah look now, people still hate them as much as they did when they first "came out"...

Unless you can actually ride with some skill you look like a poser on 24...

Also who wants to ride a BMX and a MTB at the same time?

So yes 25" is pointless...
Since you have no skill when it comes to riding, and you dont ride a 24" bike becuase you dont have the skill to match it and you'd look like a poser so to say.. Shut the fuck up!

The only people you will see riding the 25" are people that will be pushing the sport and exploring new ways and alternatives. These are the people that will not be posing but making you look like an idiot. You never know, 25" may be a big hit and become the new base line for street / dirt jump bikes.

Cant say its pointless if you dont try it..

Your not being 'cool' by dissing 25" or anything similar that is 'new' to the market and by making your self seem like you have a big say in the matter.

If anything was to be pointless it would be you...

S!C!E!R!

Banned
Since you have no skill when it comes to riding, and you dont ride a 24" bike becuase you dont have the skill to match it and you'd look like a poser so to say.. Shut the fuck up!

The only people you will see riding the 25" are people that will be pushing the sport and exploring new ways and alternatives. These are the people that will not be posing but making you look like an idiot. You never know, 25" may be a big hit and become the new base line for street / dirt jump bikes.

Your not being 'cool' by dissing 25" or anything similar that is 'new' to the market and by making your self seem like you have a big say in the matter.

He said he was boosting his e-ego...

It's ok relax nothing big...

STP112

Likes Dirt
He said he was boosting his e-ego...

It's ok relax nothing big...
haha senan u should shut up and stop posting about all this bullshit you think you know.
Patto is a far more capable rider than you are so don't act like you are god to mtb forums

do-a-flip

Likes Bikes and Dirt
haha senan u should shut up and stop posting about all this bullshit you think you know.
Patto is a far more capable rider than you are so don't act like you are god to mtb forums
seconded. you post useless things in theads with no point. you went into the H.E thread and started bagging our trails and wishing they would get dozed. everyone can have there own opinion on here but when i said mine towards 25" you put it down? stop acting like your top dog your getting a bad rep for yourself.

EDIT: and whats with the "I HATE DIRT" hidden in your sig?

$tanker$

Likes Dirt

yeh exsactly exploring the sport and trying new things can only make it better? if it fails at least we know its been done and doesnt work.

yeah cecil shut ya fat face every one is sick of you on these forums.

Rickystp0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
wait on s!c!e!r what are any known advantages of 26's apart from they roll away better when you case?

Any? goes for anyone. think of a good excuse and then maybe the 26" vs.24" argument will be real instead of the one way battle that it has been.
I dare you........

Plow King

Little bit.

Owned.

I have nothing else to add.

Sputnick

Likes Bikes and Dirt
but the argument about 26" vs 24" is a pingpong game.
26" riders will say 26" is better, 24" riders say 24" is better.
Actually 25" might be the answer for people who want smaller then 26" but if they get 24" they will look like a poser because they dont have the skill.

cdfeto

Likes Bikes and Dirt
S!C!E!R!, have a Kit Kat.

I'd love to try one out, i think it's a great idea. I must say there is quite a huge difference between 26 and 24inch and something in between would be fantastic. It would obviously greatly limit your options for rims, tyres and tubes, but thats to be expected with any innovation/new concept, at first.

The industry has to be explored as much as possible, best way to find out if it's shit is to make it and test it.

06acrider

Likes Dirt
nc-17 products have done the same thing and released a 25" wheels set.

looks interesting. should be a good compromise over 26" and 24".

Bretty.

Likes Bikes and Dirt
On a more serious note -

I personally reckon that instead of this 24" and 25" mumbo jumbo, there should of honestly been a 23" revolution instead of the 24" one. Therefore, there is an exact equal between a bmx and a mtb; it'd be a big bmx, but a small mtb. Get my drift? Would of made all this soo much easier, and a 23"er would of been soooo cool, can ya imagine it? A tight mtb AND a roomy bmx!! Rigid of course, just suck it up fellas!

$tanker$

Likes Dirt
On a more serious note -

I personally reckon that instead of this 24" and 25" mumbo jumbo, there should of honestly been a 23" revolution instead of the 24" one. Therefore, there is an exact equal between a bmx and a mtb; it'd be a big bmx, but a small mtb. Get my drift? Would of made all this soo much easier, and a 23"er would of been soooo cool, can ya imagine it? A tight mtb AND a roomy bmx!! Rigid of course, just suck it up fellas!
23" will probably be done one day.

i think 25" is a great idea since my frame is a 21.55'' top tube it would work well have one inch smaller on the wheels.

NickM91

Likes Dirt
Hey 24s are mad.. even if you can't ride them! haha

25 does seem a bit silly though. Who ever it was that said 23inches would make more sense, i think your onto somehting haha

Take it easy

Cheers

Adamski

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The 25" may be quite popular for those type of frames for people that want a slightly shorter wheel base and a more manoverable bike...
Patto, please tell me how wheel size correlates to wheelbase. the only thing that changes wheelbase is horizontal dropouts on hardtails. it doesn't matter which wheel size you have in a frame the wheelbase will be the same.

Bretty.

Likes Bikes and Dirt
\it doesn't matter which wheel size you have in a frame the wheelbase will be the same.
Are you aware of what wheelbase actually is? Wheelbase is the distance between the centres of 2 wheels/the exact center point of a hub. How is it then that no matter what the bike is, the wheelbase will stay exactly the same?

Wheelbase is affect by toptube length, head angle, chainstay length and yes, it is affected by wheelsize - not directly, but it does alter chainstay length, head angle and etc, which has an affect on wheelbase length. See the link?

Callan.

Farkin Gorilla.
To those who are saying that it will be hard to find tubes rims etc.

Don't you think manufacturers would have thought of that, obviously they wont just make a rim with no tyre hurrrrrrrrrrr.

If it catches on, of course there will be tyres and tubes.