England MTB near Leicester? Any Trails?

Trenton

Likes Dirt
Ok hi everyone I am planning to go to England in the Summer holidays to see the other side of the family and while I am up there I was wondering if there might be any Downhill tracks/spots around there close to leicester? Does anybody have any info on the places around there? It can be dirt jumps or skate parks as well.

Also if anyone else who has some knowledge and is heading up there in December-January maybe we could meet up and yeah ride around a bit?

Thanks guys.

Trenton

(P.S.I have searched a tonne and I can't find anything to do with leicester in this whole site.)

Last edited:

Trenton

Likes Dirt
http://www.leicestershireroadclub.org.uk/cms/index.php?page=off-road

might be worth contacting someone on here.....

This looks like a great track.... thats... underwater.... or is spanky missing something.....

spanky loves google... no physically of course.

spanky
O...........kkkkk well thanks for your help I guess but I'll give them a ring when I am up in England but yeah............

Anybody else got some info on where there are some dh trails or dirt jumps around leicestershire for the public?

Cheers

Trenton

dcrofty

Eats Squid
Will you have a car?

England is a remarkably small country, even if you don't have a car their train system is really really good.

If I was going to the UK i'd be asking advice on the best places overall and then working out how to get there once I'm over there.

So having said that, bugger england and get your butt over to Wales, its supposed to be sensational.

StInKy LoVeR

Likes Dirt
I went last term to england (all over) to see my sister whos on a gap year. Check out evans cycles in London. There is about 3 of them. Each dedicated to downhill, cross country or road/commuter. I went to the one near the london bridge and asked them about DH around there. They told me to go to the other DH shop (forget where). I rocked up there and they were more then willing to share secret locations etc. Except all the tracks were 1 hour atleast drive form london. However there are Evans cycles around every where in england, I mean EVERYWHERE, they are huge. There staff are very kind and would be more then willing to help. I even got a ride of a 08 Sunday at the trails. We pretty much drove from portsmouth (very bottom) to Edinborough in one day. As Dcrofty said it is a very small country but you will be VERY suprised about how much darn traffic/trucks on the freeways. If it says 100km, don't expect it to take you 1 hour. Hence no train line or other ways of transporting goods. If you need anymore help I realise im typing heaps. I've got a HOLE lot more to say. Just drop me a PM and a couple specific locations your going to.

Trenton

Likes Dirt
Yes I will have a Car.

Mate it's time and money.

I am going to england to see my Family and while I am there I will be finding the local Trails and not planning on driving 7 hours refilling on 2 bucks a litre to go to Wales.

Maybe one day but I just want to see whats around locally

Thanks anyway mate.

cheers

Trenton

Trenton

Likes Dirt
Anybody else got some knowledge about trails or dirt jumps or skateparks in England near Leicester shire?

Information would be much Appreciated!

Thanks,

Trenton

Currie

Squid
i lived in england for the majority of my life until a month ago (ish) and even though its been a while since ive ridden bikes properly i dont mind spilling the beans on what was good when i started!!!

firsty, im from cheshire, which is alwaysa good place to start, not too sure if delamere forest is still about, but when i used to go there it was fantastic, had something for everyone up there, downhill, dirt, freeride trails, the lot, even some xc if thats your thing!!

if you venture up into wales there are plenty of fantastic riding spots, coed y brenin etc, or if your near liverpool rampworks is europes largest skatepark which i believe is mountain bike friendly these days.

id say your best bet, if its still around, is to get onto MBUK's website and forum and check that out, a quick email to one of the editors will usually get you pointed in the right direction!!

Currie

Trenton

Likes Dirt
Hi im from Leiceter, where abouts are you staying? and what sort of riding are you looking for?
Jess:p
Hey that's good too know! I was looking for every type of riding: XC, DH, Dirt jumps, Skateparks! But unfortunately I made this thread in 08 and I have already been to the UK quite some time ago! Thanks a lot anyway!