Electric Vehicles etc

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
They already make silent ones, trying for the non-fuckwit crowd I guess.
Full Disclosure yeah , I’m a fuckwit with a Harley ! Had a few , latest is quiet, hahahaha comes with being old I guess

But the HD Live wire is a techno beast . Mot much range maybe 200 km - goes like a cut cat - not as ‘ good as a zero ‘

But HD has shifted the EV business away from its previous ‘ core customer ‘ as it wasn’t ‘ aligning with their needs ‘ which is now older men (mostly ) also trading on an outlaw image doesn’t engender millennials to their brand - no interest in ‘ pirate ‘

So the live wire business has spun off - the mikes are now ready for sale in US @ $22,000 ish - price has come down substantially .
Here they were a $49,990 proposition , now a preloved one is about $35 k up .
most were purchased by riders who already had a stable of bikes - and yeah HD‘s

The interesting part of my dribble is - anecdotally - only 500 were made worldwide - and 387 have been sold since many started and stopped in 2020.
HD corporate has lost … dunno how it fell down back of couch …… $380 million USD !
The new livewire is an offering of approx 250 units for 2023 .

I would love one - but not at $ 50k

This is a great review on YouTube - if nothing else the future is coming .

Some of the commentary was interesting when released ‘ no noise , not a real Harley‘ etc

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Full Disclosure yeah , I’m a fuckwit with a Harley ! Had a few , latest is quiet, hahahaha comes with being old I guess
My mate had a fuckwit one (chopper looking thing) and an old man one (more like C.H.I.P.S.) but he got rid of the chopper. Seems like another ICE manufacturer taking the piss, no way that thing is worth $50k.

I've been following Eva Hakansson, she is setting out to have the fastest motorcycle (sidecar streamliner) ever and it's electric. It has 2 of the large version of the motor I have for my car.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
BYD Atto 3 - am I going to get a 350km round trip out of the long range one? Bit hilly
You should. Hills don't make a big difference due to regen. Highways will put a.dent in the range.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
You should. Hills don't make a big difference due to regen. Highways will put a.dent in the range.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk
My experience is that you'll use a lot more on hills than flats per km. Regen you only get a limited percentage back. Flat is the most efficient.
There's always losses and you will return around 60% to 70% of the energy it took to get you to the top of the hill. Meaning that a journey that is all flat will have approximately 30% to 40% more range than a trip of the same distance with a hill in the middle.
EV's are really good a city driving at lower speeds due to being very efficient with stop start and lower speed driving compared to ICE vehicles, but the gap is reduced at highway speeds where the ICE vehicle is at its most efficient operation.