Electric Vehicles etc

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Screen Shot 2022-10-13 at 9.01.57 am.png

New Polestar 3 is looking pretty good for an SUV - would look even better with 20cm cut off the bottom to sit more like a wagon. Proper flat floor EV platform though.

610km of claimed range minus a chunk for not fully charged plus heating and cooling should still easily do over 400km which is my tipping point.

Closest I've seen to what I'm after.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
View attachment 393386

New Polestar 3 is looking pretty good for an SUV - would look even better with 20cm cut off the bottom to sit more like a wagon. Proper flat floor EV platform though.

610km of claimed range minus a chunk for not fully charged plus heating and cooling should still easily do over 400km which is my tipping point.

Closest I've seen to what I'm after.
But 2024.

Looking at getting a BYD ATTO 3 upgrading the tyres and shocks and parking up the Disco 4 as a caravan tractor. Then move up to a Taycon Cross Turismo or Polestar 3 when the new house is built.

Anyone want to hazard a guess on the secondary market for BYD?

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
I'm really fun at parties.
Next you'll be telling me that my Bunnings Atherton knockoff won't work.

But 2024.
I have a perfectly good ICE car at the moment. I'm still not convinced by the concept of replacing it earlier than I would have being a significantly better environmental outcome. I prefer to keep cars for a longer period not turn them over all the time.

Oddjob

Next you'll be telling me that my Bunnings Atherton knockoff won't work.

I have a perfectly good ICE car at the moment. I'm still not convinced by the concept of replacing it earlier than I would have being a significantly better environmental outcome. I prefer to keep cars for a longer period not turn them over all the time.
So do I - but we calculated the costs of $2.20/L diesel + 6 monthly services as $10k+ a year in running costs. Compared to that the depreciation + electricity + servicing for an Atto 3 is a significant saving.

Once the house is built, the electricity essentially becomes free.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
So do I - but we calculated the costs of $2.20/L diesel + 6 monthly services as $10k+ a year in running costs. Compared to that the depreciation + electricity + servicing for an Atto 3 is a significant saving.
Yeah that's all fair. I walked past the Atto showroom when I was in Sydney a week or so ago, they look like the little Mazda SUVs.

Thing is I really love the car I have now, don't want to swap it out unless the alternative really grabs me.

Oddjob

Once the house is built, the electricity essentially becomes free.

Also. Anyone have suggestions for tire and shock upgrades for an Atto 3?

I was thinking Michelin Pilot Sport 4 SUV. And Bilstein B6.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Also. Anyone have suggestions for tire and shock upgrades for an Atto 3?

I was thinking Michelin Pilot Sport 4 SUV. And Bilstein B6.

Would you not at least try the standard suspension first? Tyres I get because econo tyres have F-all grip, but maybe the suspension is okay enough?

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Can't wait for your Actofive to arrive @Scotty T! :p
I'll swap out the shock right away for a ridiculously expensive and adjustable one I'll never quite get right.

Helped a mate find a pretty nice '20 Norco Optic this week with some upgrades already, the seller was suffereing hard from the pox, had bought a YT and left the Norco sitting on the wall for 6 months.