Electric Vehicles etc

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
It looks like they forgot to cut the rear doors out.

I know the 80's mustangs were nothing like the original, but how they are calling that a mustang is beyond me.
yep. its like those stupid porsche SUVs.

At least those Porsche SUVs aren't being sold as a Carrera or 911 etc. The Jeep track hawks with hellcat engines are also not being sold as challengers. I just dont understand what Ford was thinking by carrying over a Mustrang badge to something so clearly not a mustang

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
yep. its like those stupid porsche SUVs.

At least those Porsche SUVs aren't being sold as a Carrera or 911 etc. The Jeep track hawks with hellcat engines are also not being sold as challengers. I just dont understand what Ford was thinking by carrying over a Mustrang badge to something so clearly not a mustang
I think you're forgetting that Mustangs were originally marketed to secretaries and hairdressers. Ford is simply going back to its roots.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Flow-Rider

Burner
seems to be mostly customer service related rather than car related. not surprising really.
Customer service is sometimes the problem caused by manufacturers, manufacturers don't fully reimburse the dealer for full costs of the warranty so they either try to avoid the customer or they get the apprentice out to do the repair.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
This year has been the first year where we've had a string of big items let go. It's not great but it is 8 years old and it's seen more of Australia and dirt than most cars.
Given Tesla are on paper more realiable than a Rangey, your fear of having an issue and being parked up is seems exaggerated, maybe there's the underlying bias we all have, including Robert Llewellyn, that Elon is a massive tool?

I swear there were some last week in the 50k range, am I going mad, has everyone boosted their prices, or maybe all the older ones sold?

link1896

Mr Greenfield
my sister is in marketing at ford australia. I had my mum (soooooo not a car person) tell her when she walked in the door sunday "A mach-e has a face only a mother could love". many giggles.
reminds me, don't think I shared the ford leasing deal on a mustang back in 2019 I didn't take up, Ford Aus was trying to get to the next price break on their orders. This was for employees and direct family. They had never opened up the deal to direct family, past spouses before this.

2019 Mustang GT 5 liter. $190 a month!!. Ford covered insurance, rego, maintenance, tires, brake pads. All I had to cover was the $190 and fuel. 20 month commitment, cars were swapped out at 10 months, the 10 month old car went to auction to stay near the top of the depreciation curve, and you were handed another brand new. But if you've driven a mustang, you realise its fun for about a week.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I looked at the Tesla online reviews a while ago and they were shocking, probably no different from some other manufacturers to be fair.
they have very different reputations based on being american made or chinese. the china quality is supposed to be much better than american. i'll find out shortly.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Eh? You think car manufacturers legitimately burn away huge R&D costs for no good reason?

The i8 was a good idea ahead of its time for the market from a company that was trying to innovate.
Why are BMW still jamming electric drivetrains into their ICE cars? It's like they learned nothing from the experience. What's funny is I saw something briefly on the i4 the other day and thought it must be an evolution of their i3 electric platform, but it's just a glorified Leaf.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
reminds me, don't think I shared the ford leasing deal on a mustang back in 2019 I didn't take up, Ford Aus was trying to get to the next price break on their orders. This was for employees and direct family. They had never opened up the deal to direct family, past spouses before this.

2019 Mustang GT 5 liter. $190 a month!!. Ford covered insurance, rego, maintenance, tires, brake pads. All I had to cover was the $190 and fuel. 20 month commitment, cars were swapped out at 10 months, the 10 month old car went to auction to stay near the top of the depreciation curve, and you were handed another brand new. But if you've driven a mustang, you realise its fun for about a week.
fun or not, this was a deal of the century. Should have gotten two for shits and giggles, lol

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur

$190 a month to do launches outside of cars and coffee meets, experience some ineptly handled snap oversteer and plow through a median strip / inconveniently placed parked car?

(it's what owners in the US seem to enjoy doing with them)

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
$190 a month to do launches outside of cars and coffee meets, experience some ineptly handled snap oversteer and plow through a median strip / inconveniently placed parked car?

(it's what owners in the US seem to enjoy doing with them)
ome people just don’t know how to drive/handle power. The mustangs are often an entry point for people into high powered v8 cars. The fact that they can be modded and tuned to around +750 herspers relatively cheap tends to result in the videos you mention.

I think theyre great, iconic cars that are excellent value. I mean you can have a supersnake built from one that looks better and outperforms some super cars.

i'd buy one, unless c8's or challengers become easily accessible and well priced in Australia in the future.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Given Tesla are on paper more realiable than a Rangey, your fear of having an issue and being parked up is seems exaggerated, maybe there's the underlying bias we all have, including Robert Llewellyn, that Elon is a massive tool?

I swear there were some last week in the 50k range, am I going mad, has everyone boosted their prices, or maybe all the older ones sold?
It's not underlying. I think Elon is a bigger tool than Kanye. It's not stopping me from getting a Powerwall for my new house though.

I think the Land Rover, and my KTM 990 in the past has taught me the value of having a good support network for your lovely but slightly temperamental vehicle.

I'll also flat out admit that shitting on Tesla and the closed garden model is the easiest way for me to get my wife to green light a Porsche. I still haven't told her I almost bought a Nismo GTR a few years ago...

@Ultra Lord you better keep your mouth shut. Also check your Hotmail.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
I think theyre great, iconic cars that are excellent value. I mean you can have a supersnake built from one that looks better and outperforms some super cars.
I'm just hanging shit, I actually quite like Mustangs and the current ones look cool.
I'll also flat out admit that shitting on Tesla and the closed garden model is the easiest way for me to get my wife to green light a Porsche.
Good work, one day you'll be able to do this too:

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
It's not underlying. I think Elon is a bigger tool than Kanye. It's not stopping me from getting a Powerwall for my new house though.

I think the Land Rover, and my KTM 990 in the past has taught me the value of having a good support network for your lovely but slightly temperamental vehicle.

I'll also flat out admit that shitting on Tesla and the closed garden model is the easiest way for me to get my wife to green light a Porsche. I still haven't told her I almost bought a Nismo GTR a few years ago...

@Ultra Lord you better keep your mouth shut. Also check your Hotmail.

I vote you buy the GTR.
Your G1 would look so bloody good mounted on the roof, those little suction cup bike mounts would do the job nicely.