Electric Vehicles etc

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Tesla issues are mostly from I can gather minor things. The stuff that matters, stuff that makes it a going and useful machine they’re good. Motors, battery, software they’re kicking arse. Panel fit is irrelevant in my view…
And then you get the odd howler like the fried SSDs that park the car up, faulty brakes, faulty battery packs, faulty hub assemblies etc. I understand shit goes wrong but if I can't get a replacement unless it's sent by ship from god knows where that's non Bueno.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Haakon

Keeps on digging
And then you get the odd howler like the fried SSDs that park the car up, faulty brakes, faulty battery packs, faulty hub assemblies etc. I understand shit goes wrong but if I can't get a replacement unless it's sent by ship from god knows where that's non Bueno.

I think just about any brand is many weeks to get parts in if it’s not locally held. This is a weird logistics issue that seems to be industry wide - same parts you can get yourself on the internet in a week will take any dealer months to get.

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt

I have spent waaaaay too much time in tesla forums and the only significant issues I am aware of locally have been people waiting for parts recently due to accidents. So although I have had zero issues with mine, and same for the three other people I know in our neighbourhood who have one. The MIC models seem well built (including panel gaps for the most part) - don't get me wrong it's not porsche but you aren't paying that money. Even in isolated Perth people that have had a significant warranty issue seem to have had it sorted out pretty quickly.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
The coolant distributor and pipe was new. The steering rack was reconditioned.

Haha it's a bit hilarious you have a Disco, condolences. But you knew their reputation and wanted whatever it was you got out of it, and like most of all cars these days they just go and you do the scheduled service and all good except a couple of niggles. My BMW had 365k on it before I pulled the donk. It never let me down. Shit just started wearing out. They totally deserve their high ranking which has always been.

Anecdotally, old mate next door has a V8 Disco, bit older, he's a fuckwit so we don't converse. They only bought it not long ago, he's actually a used car salesman. It fucked up and was gone for a few weeks. They got it back, seems OK now but it had afew times not starting well and they opened the bonnet, did something and it went. Sounds col though. 100% why they have it.

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have spent waaaaay too much time in tesla forums and the only significant issues I am aware of locally have been people waiting for parts recently due to accidents. So although I have had zero issues with mine, and same for the three other people I know in our neighbourhood who have one. The MIC models seem well built (including panel gaps for the most part) - don't get me wrong it's not porsche but you aren't paying that money. Even in isolated Perth people that have had a significant warranty issue seem to have had it sorted out pretty quickly.
Oh another story, old boss of mine had a 928 S4 a long time ago, he bought it new for way too much and it was an absolute lemon, porsche reluctantly replaced the engine twice! He was without it for months at a time, and eventually sold it when he was till having problems after 18 months. So I guess anything can be problematic. - actually maybe it was a GTS, anyway it was expensive at the time. Range Rover he replaced it with was way cheaper

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
The one that really annoyed me was the SSD issue. The OEM of the SSD was well known, apparently it was an easy physical fix, but if you did it yourself you voided the warranty and people were waiting many weeks for an official appointment to fix it. The closed garden model can get fucked.
Haha it's a bit hilarious you have a Disco, condolences. But you knew their reputation and wanted whatever it was you got out of it, and like most of all cars these days they just go and you do the scheduled service and all good except a couple of niggles. My BMW had 365k on it before I pulled the donk. It never let me down. Shit just started wearing out. They totally deserve their high ranking which has always been.

Anecdotally, old mate next door has a V8 Disco, bit older, he's a fuckwit so we don't converse. They only bought it not long ago, he's actually a used car salesman. It fucked up and was gone for a few weeks. They got it back, seems OK now but it had afew times not starting well and they opened the bonnet, did something and it went. Sounds col though. 100% why they have it.
Yeah Land Rovers are so inconsistent. You see lots of Disco 1, 2 and 3s still going strong but there are plenty of lemons as well. Don't even start on the old defenders...

Our SDV6 Disco has generally been good. It's good at warning us of problems in advance (battery failing, front control bushes), tows a lot, fits a lot, goes like a rocket even when towing. My wife and I agree it's the best car we've had, and we really loved our Forester diesel (and my hotted up Forester XT pre marriage). This year has been the first year where we've had a string of big items let go. It's not great but it is 8 years old and it's seen more of Australia and dirt than most cars.

climberman

Likes Dirt
I think just about any brand is many weeks to get parts in if it’s not locally held. This is a weird logistics issue that seems to be industry wide - same parts you can get yourself on the internet in a week will take any dealer months to get.
Takes over a month to get a key for a VW from bloody Brasil or somewhere, and thenpay a fee to make it actually start your car. Cars are stupid.

Also, we bought a leaf for driving locally. Love it so far.