Electric Vehicles etc

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Nah, it's definitely a Wagon. The ZS is their SUV EV. It's also had a facelift recently. You do know Volvo cars are now Chinese owned right?
Yeah I knew that - I'm not against a Chinese made car if it's well built and looks good. I think Polestar have potential.

But as @Asininedrivel says, the V90 is a looker. It was on the short list when we bought our current car.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Yeah I knew that - I'm not against a Chinese made car if it's well built and looks good. I think Polestar have potential.

But as @Asininedrivel says, the V90 is a looker. It was on the short list when we bought our current car.
Byd have an electric wagon from memory. Porsche Taycan Cross is a shooting brake. The Jag I-pace is a wagon and is very nice inside. The Jag and Land Rover electric range is due to start being released next year. VW is due to start releasing their electric cars next year as well. I would expect a Golf and Passat wagon in that mix.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Taycan is a stunner. Would go there if I could justify the cost.

Would not be risking my money on a Jag or Land Rover haha. The new Defender does look good though.

Last edited:

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I saw a new V90 for the first time last weekend. It had presence. Superb yet somewhat intimidating.
They are a good looking vehicle, have plenty of space and have plenty of grunt for a 2l engine.
I like the more bold stance than the swoopy Merc or Audi equivalent.

I am currently in a 4wd ute with canopy but would love to go back to a wagon.
I've had a V90 Cross Country alert in Carsales for about 18months now and I think there's been 4 come up.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
They are a good looking vehicle, have plenty of space and have plenty of grunt for a 2l engine.
I like the more bold stance than the swoopy Merc or Audi equivalent.
One of the things that undid the V90 for us was the touch screen HVAC controls. Very annoying.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
seems people have been getting calls from tesla saying no deliveries to A/NZ this quarter. no indication if that means just pushed back from June to July or nothing in the whole quarterly build cycle.

edit: just got the call from the sales agent. no real details except it wont be this qtr and we'll get san updated ETA in the next couple of weeks

Last edited:

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Not a matter of taste, unless have good taste in good engineering counts? The Leaf just has a sucky battery with no thermal management...
It has thermal management ie controls battery temperature and can slow charging but no active cooling.
it is not really suited to fast driving in a hot climate with no shade.

k3n!f

leaking out the other end
My wife and I have shared a single car for the last 12 years, but next year we'll need a second car because of reasons. I had my wallet ready to order a Model Y, but they appear to have been delayed again. Now I'm not sure if I buy a cheap internal combustion car while I wait for the Model Y, or pick up another electric alternative?

What should I be looking at that is similar to a Model Y?

Last edited:

Scotty T

Walks the walk
My wife and I have shared a single car for the last 12 years, but next year we'll need a second car because of reasons. I had my wallet ready to order a Model Y, but they appear to have been delayed again. Now I'm not sure if I buy a cheap internal combustion car while I wait for the Model Y, or pick up another electric alternative?

I drove a Kona. It felt like a normal Hyundia with a more powerful donk, it had more oomph than I anticipated, much more punchy than the Ioniq hatch. Not a patch on a Tesla, but maybe some cheaper used ones around. Could it replace the other petrol (assuming it's petrol) when the Tesla comes?

goobags

Likes Dirt

Reasoning to get a Model Y over a Model 3?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk