Electric Vehicles etc

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
These little CE 04 rockets have arrived in Aus.
Very intriguing design. And using tech straight out of BMW i cars.
First electric scooters in the market.
I'm hoping to take one for a weekend test soon.
View attachment 389813
Man, they look like a hoot!

UberEats/Deliveroo delivery riders are going to be lethal when you can't hear the tiny two-stroke pinging away in future though, and they're sketchy enough now!

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This is quite and interesting video about electric bikes and why they haven't made much of a dent compared to electric cars
Yep, same challenges as with cars in the early days. Tech will catch up eventually to give them better range. Until then city bikes like this make more sense.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Yep, same challenges as with cars in the early days. Tech will catch up eventually to give them better range. Until then city bikes like this make more sense.
Yes, it will be battery tech that will need to improve before full sized electric road bikes become viable. Things like trials bikes though, where A: you don't need to ride very far and B: excellent torque and throttle control is critical, are another prime area for electric bikes.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
just got ETA updated form tesla, was 14-20 weeks from january, now sometime between August and November. i could understand one quarter slipping from the shutdowns, be very annoyed if it's more than that. worse still for some people waiting since november for LR and P models.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
just got ETA updated form tesla, was 14-20 weeks from january, now sometime between August and November. i could understand one quarter slipping from the shutdowns, be very annoyed if it's more than that. worse still for some people waiting since november for LR and P models.
It's the case with a lot of manufacturers at the moment. Just so many supply chain shortages.

This photo was taken at a Toyota dealership...

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Yeah it’s pretty nuts. Colleague at work even waited 6 months for a bloody Mits ASX (yes I tried but she just liked it for some reason…).

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
I mean imagine if people had to have an extra year or more driving their vehicle that there is literally nothing wrong with? The tragedy!
Parental's Polestar is apparently due in October, but they've still bought out the lease on their current CRV just in case.