Electric Vehicles etc

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Shanghai assembled Teslas are BYD blade batteries.
I'm not sure that has started yet with all of the COVID zero supply hiccups.

Regardless, the BYD fits our purposes perfectly. The car is 'good enough' for 95% of the driving we will be doing over the next 3 years, i.e. school and shopping runs within 10kms of our house. The starting price makes the depreciation very good and it will be on a novated lease with all the 0% fbt and pre tax cash benefits.

We will still have the disco for caravan and bike carrying but we will essentially save $10k a year in fuel and servicing.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Regardless, the BYD fits our purposes perfectly. The car is 'good enough' for 95% of the driving we will be doing over the next 3 years, i.e. school and shopping runs within 10kms of our house. The starting price makes the depreciation very good and it will be on a novated lease with all the 0% fbt and pre tax cash benefits.

We will still have the disco for caravan and bike carrying but we will essentially save $10k a year in fuel and servicing.

it is great putting free fuel from the roof into the car!

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out

Exactly my situation, my missus just needs a shopping trolley.

Haakon

Keeps on digging

Chinese built Teslas have all used BYD blade batteries from day one. Fremont use Panasonic cells from the Gigafactory and the Texas and Berlin factory uses the new structural packs in Model Y.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
I do have a day job and no battery but I don't work weekends and don't drive 400km a week so it works fine for me. Not all my charging is solar but a decent chunk.
Yep and you can give it a quick boost after midnight during the week at the lowest rate if need be.

Which is still better than petrol even if the power is coal. No reason to be skeptical.

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
dunno if any of you nerds will be on here ......... hahahahhahaaa - of course you will be !

any hoo , some info ( real ? ) anecdotal of the atto experience

Have at it - its well priced and is winning over buyers - there are a couple of good youtubes on it as well ( chasing cars )- and yes the interior is - > interesting , but i have been driving my 1960's Valiant around lately so who am i to judge .

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
dunno if any of you nerds will be on here ......... hahahahhahaaa - of course you will be !

any hoo , some info ( real ? ) anecdotal of the atto experience

Have at it - its well priced and is winning over buyers - there are a couple of good youtubes on it as well ( chasing cars )- and yes the interior is - > interesting , but i have been driving my 1960's Valiant around lately so who am i to judge .
Please save me from wading through Whirlpool. What's the TLDR summary?

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Please save me from wading through Whirlpool. What's the TLDR summary?

Weelllll, gush , squeeeeeeee , awesome amazing etc .

some complaints on the charge from home deale @ 10 amps - but to be expected I imagine .
however some adr challenges , dealer network is well, they don’t have one - unless you count my car as a ‘ dealer’ .
but ,it’s a new way of both ordering and selling/ servicing a vehicle without having to deal with a car dealer as such .
my understanding is that it’s not a negotiation more a ‘ can I order , how long kinda deal ‘

But overall mostly happy with minimal issues would be my read

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Test drive went well, pretty funky interior but I kinda like it. The white colour looks great, its like silver in the shade, light silver in sun and a metallic white in full sunlight.
Seems a solid car with lots of good features and goes alright too.

Order placed for a white one.

White Atto vs my white Toyota, it nearly takes on a reflection of its surroundings. Why would you pay $700 extra for metallic paint.

Missus seen me ready to post this pic and made me remove her from the photo :rolleyes:

20221209_133431_Object Removal.jpg

20221209_133416.jpg

Last edited: