Electric Guitar

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Grave dig!! :) I knew there was a guitar thread somewhere, so dug it out rather than the lockdown hobbies one....
NGD! (Well yesterday actually)
First foray into acoustic...
Great... an acoustic is a must have.

It's a Samick (Korean brand) from I think around 1993. Excellent condition for its age. One of my electrics is also a Samick, and it's always been trouble-free, so I didn't have any hesitation when I saw this come up.
A few of my old band mates, and one of my SIL's too... have Samicks, and they are all great guitars. A bass player band mate who had some serious Fenders, still preferred his knockaround Samick bass... nicknamed the banana bass... although it was straight as a die and played really well.

Enjoy... and a sweet 12 is something special. They just ring out.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
We've had a bit of a sea change... to a great location, but a much smaller house (which is good, as we're empty nesting now) so I've had to rationalize my music gear to fit the much smaller room. I have the minimum necessary items... Strat, LP, P Bass, amps, pedals, drums and a PA.

Haven't played here with anyone yet... just my PA, Spotify and I... but a few of the kids are threatening an inaugural jam... can't wait.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Why is there a volume knob covering half of the Bassman logo? I'm guessing it's had a master volume control added, he said, answering his own question.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
special.jpg

So I got this lovely instrument a few months ago (don't worry, I've taken the plastic off the pickups), and damn it rocks. The P90s give it a bit more character than the 498T humbuckers in my other Les Paul. I was a bit worried about the intonation with the wraparound bridge, but it was absolutely perfect straight out of the box. The chonky neck took a bit of getting used to (he thicc!), but now the only time I even notice it is if I go straight from the Jazzmaster.

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
View attachment 393234

So I got this lovely instrument a few months ago (don't worry, I've taken the plastic off the pickups), and damn it rocks. The P90s give it a bit more character than the 498T humbuckers in my other Les Paul. I was a bit worried about the intonation with the wraparound bridge, but it was absolutely perfect straight out of the box. The chonky neck took a bit of getting used to (he thicc!), but now the only time I even notice it is if I go straight from the Jazzmaster.
Love the Special/ Juniors. I am a bit obsessed with the double cut versions. Such good simple r’n’r machines

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Love the Special/ Juniors. I am a bit obsessed with the double cut versions. Such good simple r’n’r machines
I really like the look of the new Rick Beato double cut Special that's just been released. That blue with the woodgrain showing through...

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Has anyone had experience with a boss katana amp? I am on the hunt for a bedroom guitar amp with an effects loop to take a looper pedal.
I have the positive grid spark at the moment and it is pretty good sound wise. The app does play up a bit on it.

This is my poor neighbors he he
9CDE11BF-E018-4B56-B81D-F7C1753EC2A6.jpeg

ausdb

Being who he is
You made that beautiful thang?
Yes back in the 90s when I was a poor uni student with crazy dreams of being a luthier. It's probably not the same as a real one but was based on a twin pickup double cut Hamer. The body is real mahogany, maxxing out the 13" plank I bought. Neck is quarter sawn mahogany with a scarf joint and the finger board is real Cites Brazilian rosewood. I swapped a guy something for the fingerboard blank and he sliced it off a huge plank with a cabinet makers panel saw, I shudder to think what the sawdust from the 3mm kerf that went up in smoke as he burned through it would be worth now.