Electric Guitar

soty

Likes Dirt
I`d aim for a slightly higher end guitar personally. Trust me, with instruments you WILL need the standard of the equipment to be up to YOUR standard (unlike bikes) as over time you`ll learn and grow with guitars and you`ll want something with a better tone and a bigger amp in no time.

It`s sorta a good thing to be a squid with instruments. Better in the long run.

Richo 18

Likes Bikes and Dirt
haha, sad, but funny. OK

BTW its a bit blurry because it's a youtube video. The real thing is crystal clear, but 500mb.

|Matt|

Banned
Woah, pro sound gear much?
Yeah hes in a band. Hes just the vocalist but he does play guitar as well.

www.myspace.com/thesceneconspiracy

I think they only have one song on their myspace, dunno why. They write all their own stuff. Their EP is being produced by none other than ADAM DUTKIEWICZ (from Killswitch Engage) or the guy who did Plagues for Devil Wears Prada. Either way, thats awesome IMO.

Last edited:

soty

Likes Dirt
The guy who did Plagues for Devil Wears Prada. Either way, thats awesome IMO.
That "guy" is a f***in genius.

Basically, you can pick up and learn guitar yourself. Teachers just steer you while you learn.

There's my sweetie. ESP ltd KH202. Kirk Hammet (metallica) sig.

I also have one of these. I recomend this pedal to get you sounding like Carpathian, Prom Queen, TDWP, and Parkway etc etc.
Crappy Amps make crappy sounds, but plug a pedal (Boss metal pedals are about 140 from memory and the Metalcore one is about RRP 220. I've used both and both are fine for your style of music) in between your guitar and amp and you'll have a decent enough sound (sometimes the quality of the amp can drag down a pedals performance but the one you posted should be fine).

Sorry i couldnt get real pics, Im in hong kong at the travellors lounge at the moment.

Matt H

Eats Squid
Well seeing that this is kinda on topic I couldn't resist posting my new setup. This is my first experience with a valve amp and damn it sings so nice. The overdrive when you go up to around 70% really pwns ANY transistor amp I've ever played. No argument about it. The bloody thing weighs about 35kg though. :(

And the guitar... well it's a gretsch, need I say more? :)

Gretsch 5120 (black)
Vox AC30CC2

Attachments

Last edited:

|Matt|

Banned
So, |Matt|, made a definite decision?
Well I was going to, but the bloke who was going to buy my Faith frame (and said it for a month) dropped on me and now I have to find another buyer...:mad:.

Unfortunately this means Mr. Guitar AND Mr. Bike now have to wait :mad::mad::mad:

Richo 18

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This is my first experience with a valve amp and damn it really pwns ANY transistor amp I've ever played.
No shit.:p

Have you got a bee-day-oh camera? Post something up, I wanna hear it!
What sorta stuff you play on it.

|Matt|, that sucks. Just sucks.

Matt H

Eats Squid
No shit.:p

Have you got a bee-day-oh camera? Post something up, I wanna hear it!
What sorta stuff you play on it.
No video camera unfortunately, but I'll try and get some footage/sound one day...
What do I play on it? Everything :p
I mainly do rockabilly and blues stuff, but also a fair bit of more modern upbeat stuff (The Living End... :p).

I watched that cover you did on youtube from the link on your sig, sounded sweet but it sucks about the techie stuffing up the sound at the start.

Richo 18

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Lol, yeah, but he's the Australian Ibanez representative.So it doesn't really matter. And he liked it.
A lot, if you know what I mean. SHHhhh
I couldn't get over the tubescreamer though. Compared to my fucking "Kustom" amp, the overdrive is devine! Shame I didn't get more of a chance to tweak it and play around though. I had a shot on the weeping demon wah pedal afterwards aswell. Some of the tech in that is really good now, but suon was:confused:. Vox me anyday for a wah.

Last edited:

joy boy

Likes Dirt
hey,
i'm not sure if these guys have books on guitar, but they do on banjo, so they should. MelBay books are great, i've had two banjo lessons and i can play pretty damn well, see if your local music shop has 'em. great book

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hey,
i'm not sure if these guys have books on guitar, but they do on banjo, so they should. MelBay books are great, i've had two banjo lessons and i can play pretty damn well, see if your local music shop has 'em. great book
That is fucking cool :cool:

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
Well seeing that this is kinda on topic I couldn't resist posting my new setup. This is my first experience with a valve amp and damn it sings so nice. The overdrive when you go up to around 70% really pwns ANY transistor amp I've ever played. No argument about it. The bloody thing weighs about 35kg though. :(

And the guitar... well it's a gretsch, need I say more? :)

Gretsch 5120 (black)
Vox AC30CC2

Awwww shit yeah:cool:

Im hunting for an amp at the moment, AC30's are tickling my pickle too!

Killer rig man, I rate it.