E biking threads on rotorburn

Status
Not open for further replies.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
guys you are mainstream now
I'm not ready for that!

As well as offering an additional style of riding, powered bicycles have opened mountain biking up to a new type of rider, one who previously wouldn't have bothered. The of person who wants to ride it like a dirtbike. They rip big skids, perform lame underpowered burnouts, and often power up in the opposite direct of trails. They pass walkers, horse riders, and other trail users faster as well. Sure these people don't represent the wider community and there are people on conventional bikes doing similar things. But in my local area this behaviour has grown significantly since the explosion of the electronic motored cycle. The increase wear and tear on the trails alone should be warning enough, trail maintenance isn't something you can just rock up and perform on almost every legitimate piece of bike track. But also the shade the gets thrown at mountain bikers as a whole by the behaviour of the hoons threatens access. Land managers and government departments are well known for making logical decisions. Sure the culture of my geography may play into this a bit. The area is well known as a breeding ground for cashed up bogans.

If I was into dirt bike riding, damn right an electronic version would appeal to me! Less noise and less weight and less fumes? Sounds shit loads better.

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
At the end of the day, it’s a motorbike.
But ffs industry call a spade a fucking spade.
I don't get this position. Yes technically they are a bike with a motor but the industry and internet have accepted that they are in a different category to motorbikes and so they call them ebikes. Wouldn't insisting on calling them motorbikes just be divisive?

Status
Not open for further replies.