DT Swiss 54t Star Ratchet Kit

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I've been through that way! I also lived in Enniskillen for a few months, loved it!
Its a beautiful country, pity the sun only shines 3 days a year and the people are still fighting a war which is about to kick off again with Brexit's hard border between Ireland and Northern Ireland.

... and its riddled with coronavirus, though most of the people in UK over the age of about 40 has either had one or both of their jabs.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Its a beautiful country, pity the sun only shines 3 days a year and the people are still fighting a war which is about to kick off again with Brexit's hard border between Ireland and Northern Ireland.

... and its riddled with coronavirus, though most of the people in UK over the age of about 40 has either had one or both of their jabs.
Haha so true! I must have been those three days to invite my girlfriend over at the time (now my wife!)

Brexit is an absolute shit show.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Haha so true! I must have been those three days to invite my girlfriend over at the time (now my wife!)

Brexit is an absolute shit show.
You're the first expat pom I've met that has been against Brexit. Even my dad who is an accountant and the model of temperance, thought that Brexit was a good idea.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
You're the first expat pom I've met that has been against Brexit. Even my dad who is an accountant and the model of temperance, thought that Brexit was a good idea.
Really? I think it's an idiotic movement led by liars and charlatans and voted for by a population that were either badly informed or plain ignorant (mainly the latter).

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Really? I think it's an idiotic movement led by liars and charlatans and voted for by a population that were either badly informed or plain ignorant (mainly the latter).
"I think it's an idiotic movement led by liars and charlatans and voted for by a population that were either badly informed or plain ignorant (mainly the latter)." Now that's a line I will have to steal as it applies to nearly every politician, political party or movement. As we are going out tonight, and there is an election due here in Tasmania on May 1st, I can try it out and see if I make any new friends.

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Pointed out to me by another member here so I just bought a 'spare'.

$33 posted -

My original 60t FOVNO has been on my highlander since new and has had a bit of abuse.

430km logged on Strava and been run with Finishline Wet Lube instead of the grease.
My 60t of those stripped suddenly at 90km during a climb pinch (on the way to Detonate from Black Stump), after being really careful to use an extremely minimal amount of genuine DT freehub red grease. Curious that yours is lasting longer.

Tried a genuine 54t for a bit but have gone back to DT 36t now anyway - was noticing the pedal kick on rough stuff with the higher engagement. Not so bad on local trails, but @ Derby & Maydena it made a small but noticeable difference.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
My 60t of those stripped suddenly at 90km during a climb pinch (on the way to Detonate from Black Stump), after being really careful to use an extremely minimal amount of genuine DT freehub red grease. Curious that yours is lasting longer.

Tried a genuine 54t for a bit but have gone back to DT 36t now anyway - was noticing the pedal kick on rough stuff with the higher engagement. Not so bad on local trails, but @ Derby & Maydena it made a small but noticeable difference.
You got the genuine 54 kicking around you want to get rid of? XC bike needs more than 18 haha

ozzybmx

I have the 60t on my Highlander and a genuine 54t on the spur, also carry a 18t spare in the back of the car and another 18t in the bike mobile tool box.

I've been expecting the 60t to fail, just cant kill it yet.

Reckon its the thinner lube rather than grease.

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Reckon its the thinner lube rather than grease.
It's because you've got the 18T with you. Take it out of your tool kit and the 60T will fail at the point where you are furthest from the trail head. I run a NLGI 000 grease in my 54T, it's done thousands of kms I just move it from one bike to the next because they all have DT hubs.

ozzybmx

It's because you've got the 18T with you. Take it out of your tool kit and the 60T will fail at the point where you are furthest from the trail head. I run a NLGI 000 grease in my 54T, it's done thousands of kms I just move it from one bike to the next because they all have DT hubs.
DT killed that off with the new and disappointing EXP hub where the internal ratchet is fixed.

I was lucky enough to grab the last 240 with Shimano microspline from a seller at a run-out price :)

Then went and bought a e-13 Helix R cassette with XD driver by accident, was nearly heading for the fuckwit thread only I had a new DT XD freehub in my spares drawers.

ozzybmx

The loyal Fovno 60t failed at about 750km, 10km before the Weldborough Hotel on Blue Tier.

It gave an almighty bang and slipped, followed by another. I was able to spin all the way to Weldborough and swap for the other Fovno 60t... now carrying a genuine DT 18t in my pocket.