Drop it like it's what?!

SummitFever

Eats Squid
I replaced a Giant SL 150mm dropper with a Bikeyoke Divine 185mm post. The Giant post was wearing the black coating off after about a year of daily use in all conditions. It worked well the whole time but I thought it would crap out at some stage and so got the Bikeyoke so I'd have a spare dropper. The Bikeyoke has performed flawlessly and the actuation and operation is beautifully smooth.

If you've got the budget, I'd get a Bikeyoke. If you need to save some money, then get the Brand-X or equivalent post. They work great for the price.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Got to say, I’d like to get a Bikeyoke just because bling, but my Transfer is going on two years without missing a beat. Shits me in theory that it’s not user serviceable but like I said.. also hasn’t needed it. Smooth, consistent, no fuss.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
We’ve got 2 bike yoke revive in the family after coming from a few specialized command posts and reverb. Apart from the occasional refresh which takes about 4 seconds they have been flawless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rusty_68

say no to ooogamaflap
Dirtworks had stock last time had to order Pillar spokes.
They are a decent spoke. Never had any trouble with them.
People have to get past the whole DT/Sapim thing. There are shit spokes out there, but Pillar arent one of them.
290/292 are very common lengths, but as such, most wholesalers keep more stock. Obvious really, but then when did common sense ever run the world?

And yes...the analogue is very similar to a DT Comp.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Dirtworks had stock last time had to order Pillar spokes.
They are a decent spoke. Never had any trouble with them.
People have to get past the whole DT/Sapim thing. There are shit spokes out there, but Pillar arent one of them.
290/292 are very common lengths, but as such, most wholesalers keep more stock. Obvious really, but then when did common sense ever run the world?

And yes...the analogue is very similar to a DT Comp.
DT spokes used to be easy and cheap to get through CRC but that came to an end a few years ago, now with Covid shortages any brand is hard to get. I've used all 3 brands and haven't had any issues.

PJO

in me vL comy
Have built a number of wheels now with Pillar 2018 spokes (DT comp analogues) from Dirt Works.
No problems with any of them.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I still just order from Zee-Gees and join the random 1-6 week DHL postal lottery.

DT Comps are about 50c-$1 a spoke :oops:

Build a complete wheelset for ~$65 with brass nipples.

Last edited:

PJO

in me vL comy
DT Comps are about 50c a spoke :oops:
Not sure where you're getting that price?
5packs of the most common sizes for 27.5" (270-276mm) and 29" (288-294mm) are all €4.19.
Which equates to about $1.40 per spoke without factoring postage.