Dreambuild DH hardtail.

lrumb1

Likes Dirt
Hey guys this is my bigfoot that I have had for a year. I really want to do more DH and have bought some triple clamps and some wider bars for it to give me better handling. They are the most plush fork I have ever seen!

Somebody told me that a 2.7 highroller is the best tyre you can get so I got one of those for the front.

I decided to stop running a front brake because I barely use it anyway cause all the power is at the rear. Plus I get to save some weight doing this.

On the rotors I’m running three rotor bolts, a friend thats good with maths said to have them spaced out in a fashion that will spread load evenly and cause no disruption to the load bearing capacity of the bolts. Save weight here too!

Some friends and I made a really cool seat post modification using an old spring of a really cool Manitou shock. Running the clamp slightly loose to give way for some spring compression under the seat on the bigger hucks.

Running a single speed setup with the rear derallier but with the full cassette still there for future upgrades.

Gonna run plastic pedals, they are one of the best features IMO cause they are cheap and light so if I break them its easy to get replacements from kmart, instead of playing a million for the beefy DH pedals that basically make no difference anyway.

Also added a pic of my awesome scooter :)

Attachments

J

JaRedy

You did a really good job thats one of the best hardtails I have seen in ages bud!

binner

Hath shat hymself
real deal

makes sense, loose weight on brakes ,pedals etc then go dump a steel spring on yr seatpost

lrumb1

Likes Dirt
I'm thinking of getting a titanium spring, should get the bike down to sub 20kg. Or do you reckon I should save up for a full Unit race kit? :)

Rodders

Likes Dirt
That seat post spring is the best piece of Seated Huck Individual Tune I've seen in a while mate; don't listen to the haters

cheif_m

Likes Dirt
do you have any idea what you are doing?

I decided to stop running a front brake because I barely use it anyway cause all the power is at the rear. Plus I get to save some weight doing this.

On the rotors I’m running three rotor bolts, a friend thats good with maths said to have them spaced out in a fashion that will spread load evenly and cause no disruption to the load bearing capacity of the bolts. Save weight here too!
mate do you have any idea what you are doing, both in riding a bike and in mechanical engineering. you should be doing about 60-80% of your braking on the front, that is because it gets all the traction, instead of the back, which will lock up if you brake too much.

secondly three out of six rotor bolts? if they could do that they would. you obviously have no idea what you are doing, that you have done effectively doubles the shear load on each bolt, which are, when under the stress of hard braking not far off their shear load. they are over half of the load required to shear, so if your remove half of them, they will shear. you only saving grace is that it is only on your rear wheel, which would have a very hard time putting the amount of load required to shear them with out locking up.

regardless i think that even though you had the bet of intentions, you really made it an unsafe bike, imagine what would happen if those bolts snapped?

this is just my educated opinion
/rant

allan.taylor64

Likes Dirt
mate do you have any idea what you are doing, both in riding a bike and in mechanical engineering. you should be doing about 60-80% of your braking on the front, that is because it gets all the traction, instead of the back, which will lock up if you brake too much.

secondly three out of six rotor bolts? if they could do that they would. you obviously have no idea what you are doing, that you have done effectively doubles the shear load on each bolt, which are, when under the stress of hard braking not far off their shear load. they are over half of the load required to shear, so if your remove half of them, they will shear. you only saving grace is that it is only on your rear wheel, which would have a very hard time putting the amount of load required to shear them with out locking up.

regardless i think that even though you had the bet of intentions, you really made it an unsafe bike, imagine what would happen if those bolts snapped?

this is just my educated opinion
/rant
I think the OP might be trolling....

Xavo.au

Likes Bikes and Dirt
To shave more weight you could drain all the oil from the forks and use a tiny bit of water. It's also cheaper so you can buy that unit kit upgrade AND the ti seat spring.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
To shave more weight you could drain all the oil from the forks and use a tiny bit of water. It's also cheaper so you can buy that unit kit upgrade AND the ti seat spring.
petrol is lighter than water, fill em with 98 octane for faster response

Rob_74

Likes Dirt
why you have a front rotor and no caliper. Lose the rotor it will save some weight...

also when you ride this i hope you dont wear a helmet they just a useless item that adds weight too...

nice ride send us some action shots...