Down-Single-Gravel-Country build.. yea you heard me..

fastrider gus

super huck
Is this very different to other bottom bracket mounted pivot frames @fastrider gus?
Yea the others I've had experience with like the Rotec Revert and NS soda run a large bearing for the swingarm on the outside of a normal threaded BB shell so you can run standard cranks. Works well but im guessing replacing those bearings would be expensive/hard to find.
The Starling uses the crank spindle as the swingarm pivot. Joe is selling them with a Middleburn setup now but im a long time profile fan so I asked for it this way.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
So the swing at has bearings on it that rotate around the spindle on the crank? Is the spindle longer than usual?

fastrider gus

super huck
So the swing at has bearings on it that rotate around the spindle on the crank? Is the spindle longer than usual?
It runs a 6" spindle, it is a slightly wider setup than a normal set of 73mm Mtb cranks but that's actually more for the crank-chainstay clearance. The photo shows the bearing/swingarm location. I haven't pulled it apart so im not sure how many bearings are in there, im assuming they are double stacked either side, 1 in the front triangle and 1 in the swingarm.
It's plenty stiff enough, with a really tall gear ratio, me at about 105kg and a Ti spindle powering uphill there is no noticable flex at all. Feels way more rigid than the Zerode.

goobags

Likes Dirt
So when you pedal, does the inner race of the suspension pivot bearing rotate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fastrider gus

super huck
So when you pedal, does the inner race of the suspension pivot bearing rotate?

When im pedalling, I'm usually too busy watching where im going to look at the bearings in my swingarm... but by the magic powers of logic... yes... yes they are..

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have no fucking idea what's going on with that bike. But I respect your commitment.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk
So much going on here. To ride this bike it really needs the single speed beard. The gravel needs some lycra. It needs the enduro googles for the downs. Some Knee pads to send it. @fastrider gus will look like a kook riding it in this kit. It is the best bike build I have seen this year.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
It runs a 6" spindle, it is a slightly wider setup than a normal set of 73mm Mtb cranks but that's actually more for the crank-chainstay clearance. The photo shows the bearing/swingarm location. I haven't pulled it apart so im not sure how many bearings are in there, im assuming they are double stacked either side, 1 in the front triangle and 1 in the swingarm.
It's plenty stiff enough, with a really tall gear ratio, me at about 105kg and a Ti spindle powering uphill there is no noticable flex at all. Feels way more rigid than the Zerode.

I like it, especially the more practical process for bearing removal.

When im pedalling, I'm usually too busy watching where im going to look at the bearings in my swingarm... but by the magic powers of logic... yes... yes they are..

Fuck man! I look down and watch the perfect form my feet have as they go round and round.

So keen to kook it up

So bmx and DJ laps yeah?

fastrider gus

super huck
So bmx and DJ laps yeah?
Im actually so keen for this! I just finished building a 2012 Tazer VPP as a jump/4X play bike but Im thinking the Starling would be an absolute weapon through a set of trails. There are some bloody awesome looking new DJ parks over here in Perth to try it out on too.
So now it's ProTec skate lid, beard, Lycra, knee pads, goggles.. thats actually not far off my regular XC getup..

goobags

Likes Dirt

In theory the bearings should last a lot longer as they’re actually rotating unlike every other bearing in a suspension pivot.

Have you ridden a dual suspension single speed before?