Douche Listing of the Day - Post them here.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Such a shitty move.

I wonder when (if..?) this decision get overturned...?

Surely it will. Seems like a bizarre line to tow, although I'm well aware of some of spesh's fuckwittery in the past.

Never ever lusted after a spesh bike, although I must say the latest enduro does look pretty mint in the flesh. Still, no fkn way I'd ever buy one.

Rusty_68

say no to ooogamaflap
Such a shitty move.

I wonder when (if..?) this decision get overturned...?

Surely it will. Seems like a bizarre line to tow, although I'm well aware of some of spesh's fuckwittery in the past.

Never ever lusted after a spesh bike, although I must say the latest enduro does look pretty mint in the flesh. Still, no fkn way I'd ever buy one.
Not the first Douche move by the SPESH....

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
They make fantastic bikes for sure. But they need to realise that people don't forget this kind of crap.
Back a few a bikes a stumpy was on the radar, test ridden and a viable option. I wanted to upspec brakes but shop told me they weren't allowed, it had to go out the door as per build sheet. They also sold Norco and they would mix and match parts no problem, just pay difference in cost price. Could be they had to build the Norco but had the stumpy built up and didn't want to double handle, there was no bike in the right colour on the floor though. No idea if that was true but it made me buy something else. Ended up elsewhere and the bike I bought had shifters and brakes swapped with better items and wasn't a Spec.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Such a shitty move.
When you read the other thread, it goes deeper.

Apparently Mikes Bikes was one of the very few privately owned 'nearly concept stores' and still one of the biggest Specialized dealers in the whole country.

When for sale, Specialized tried to buy it, but it was sold to the 'Pon Group' who own Santa Cruz Bicycles. Now Specialized already had a running feud with all stores that sold Specialized to drop SC before this.

Seems the loss of Mikes Bikes has brought the ugly Specialized ogre back out, so a pretty expensive tantrum for Specialized.

Cancelling 500 Specialized bike orders in the process. Mikes Bikes and Pon Group were happy to keep Specialized but were pounced upon by Giant and Scott when the news broke. They have offered 15% discount off another one of their brands for those who want to keep their order with Mikes Bikes. No doubt most of those 500 could be riding another brand apart from the Sworks dentist crew.

There was mention that Specialized was trying to reduce its bricks and mortar stores in favour of an online model and this may accelerate it. The official reply from Specialized would back this up.

Rusty_68

say no to ooogamaflap
Back a few a bikes a stumpy was on the radar, test ridden and a viable option. I wanted to upspec brakes but shop told me they weren't allowed, it had to go out the door as per build sheet. They also sold Norco and they would mix and match parts no problem, just pay difference in cost price. Could be they had to build the Norco but had the stumpy built up and didn't want to double handle, there was no bike in the right colour on the floor though. No idea if that was true but it made me buy something else. Ended up elsewhere and the bike I bought had shifters and brakes swapped with better items and wasn't a Spec.
That almost certainly has to do with warranty. Full disclosure...I work as a mechanic for a shop that sell Specialized, but I am not a FanBoy to the point that I will defend everything they say, do or produce. But.....Specialized Australia recently had a delivery of 400 bikes, that were destined for Italy origianlly and Australia managed to nab them. None of those bikes would be released to the shops (and certainly not the customers) until the brakes had been swapped back to R-front, L-Rear.

One of those bikes was my Turbo Levo SL. I said to them, just send it up, I'll swap the brakes over myself, I fit brakes all the time...obviously.
Nope. They wouldn't send it out until it was changed by them. I was swapping the brakes out anyway, from SRAM to XTR, so it made no sense to me?

My point being, the shop you looked at the Stumpy in was almost certainly, just doing what they were told to do by Specialized. If you don't, as a shop, you are straight into their bad books...

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
That almost certainly has to do with warranty. Full disclosure...I work as a mechanic for a shop that sell Specialized, but I am not a FanBoy to the point that I will defend everything they say, do or produce. But.....Specialized Australia recently had a delivery of 400 bikes, that were destined for Italy origianlly and Australia managed to nab them. None of those bikes would be released to the shops (and certainly not the customers) until the brakes had been swapped back to R-front, L-Rear.

One of those bikes was my Turbo Levo SL. I said to them, just send it up, I'll swap the brakes over myself, I fit brakes all the time...obviously.
Nope. They wouldn't send it out until it was changed by them. I was swapping the brakes out anyway, from SRAM to XTR, so it made no sense to me?

My point being, the shop you looked at the Stumpy in was almost certainly, just doing what they were told to do by Specialized. If you don't, as a shop, you are straight into their bad books...
Fair enough, I wanted to swap sram for shimano and it was no, ultimately I swapped Hayes for shimano and while the derailleur were xt the shifters were slx so I upped them to xt.