Douche Listing of the Day - Post them here.

Minlak

custom titis
Really, if we have an interest in safety, reducing injury and death, it's ridiculous to allow cars that can go so fast, and have scooters and e-bikes limited to 25km/h.
Not wanting to have a big argument but the biggest difference here is 1) protection and 2) gateway of price - $500 and a $50 speed box gets you 60km/hr with no protection and people that have no sense of self preservation and no desire to at least pretend to know the rules ( hell shops where the scooters are illegal to ride anywhere but private property still happily sell them for commuting) - Also 25km/hr smashing your head into the ground un protected still hurts (recent Melbourne scooter death? no helmet around 20km/h his a speed bump)

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Not wanting to have a big argument but the biggest difference here is 1) protection and 2) gateway of price - $500 and a $50 speed box gets you 60km/hr with no protection and people that have no sense of self preservation and no desire to at least pretend to know the rules ( hell shops where the scooters are illegal to ride anywhere but private property still happily sell them for commuting) - Also 25km/hr smashing your head into the ground un protected still hurts (recent Melbourne scooter death? no helmet around 20km/h his a speed bump)
I feel like these are a very late term abortion for idiots.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Minlak

custom titis
I feel like these are a very late term abortion for idiots.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk
I really think stupid people have always existed just the evolution of the need to report everything as news instantly and so many news sources just means we hear about them more now

Scotty T

Walks the walk
$500, you're dreaming, $1000 to have a 60km/h motor/controller, actually closer to a couple of grand because you still need a battery, and a bike. Also a couple of grand for scooters that can do ~50km/h.

Don't you have a motorcycle? I can get a motorcyle that can do at least 25km over the legal road speed limit of 110km/h cheaper than a 50km/h scooter.

Riding anything without wearing a helmet is a risk, if it goes wrong and you die too bad. Odds are that scooter accident at 20km/h with a helmet would have been a different result.

60km/h top speed is too fast for an e-bike, and 25km/h limit is too slow.

Flow-Rider

Burner
A few of the coppers I used to ride with said that the majority of the incidents on the bikeways in the Brisbane CBD were scooter crashes, public holidays were the worst they said.

slowmick

38-39"
I was passed this morning by a bloke on Cheltenham road by a bloke on a converted e-bike doing well over 60 km. He was wearing a full face helmet and what looked like a motor bike jacket. Cheap bikes were never meant to go that quickly.

cammas

Seamstress
It's pretty cooked that a p-plater can get a car that will do 200 easily, almost twice the legal speed limit, for a few grand. The implications of that with dickhead factor is always gonna cause a lot more damage than someone on a 40km/h scooter. Which is 15km/h over the legal limit of these vehicles, and I believe the default speed limit for all cyclists in most places in Australia, law is usually what the signs say, or if not signposted (eg. bike path), it's the lowest road speed limit being 40km/h. I'm not sure a bicycle speed limit has ever been tested in a legal setting, but that's how it was explained by someone with legal expertise.

Really, if we have an interest in safety, reducing injury and death, it's ridiculous to allow cars that can go so fast, and have scooters and e-bikes limited to 25km/h.
A guy from school got done for doing more than 60K in the main street of Kyneton about 30 years ago, (Fark I am showing my age) and because he held a learners permit for a car something happened there as well from memory because he was not happy about it.

He use to race road and track, so he was fit bugger but I think the cops got pissy because he past them on a bicycle :rolleyes:

CHEWY

Eats Squid
It's pretty cooked that a p-plater can get a car that will do 200 easily, almost twice the legal speed limit, for a few grand. The implications of that with dickhead factor is always gonna cause a lot more damage than someone on a 40km/h scooter. Which is 15km/h over the legal limit of these vehicles, and I believe the default speed limit for all cyclists in most places in Australia, law is usually what the signs say, or if not signposted (eg. bike path), it's the lowest road speed limit being 40km/h. I'm not sure a bicycle speed limit has ever been tested in a legal setting, but that's how it was explained by someone with legal expertise.

People don't drive cars on the footpath.
Scooter riders do.

Scotty T

Walks the walk